SWOT Analysis of each employee

Helen918
Helen918 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

I know yet another request for help on unit 10, but please hear me out!

Finding it really hard to assess employees by SWOT analysis and what training needs they might require. My main problem is that I'm the youngest at work by quite a way and the conversations I've had with my department re doing the project have not been well received.

I have purchased the Osbourne Unit 10 book but nothing is any clearer. I only have until December to complete it but as yet College have given us no lessons just the guidance notes from AAT.

I'm considering doing the case study but have viewed some posts this morning where people seem to struggle more with this than a work based project.

Are people really enjoying this unit?????

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

When I did my project, I looked at each person's competencies rather than a SWOT analysis for training needs. Do a skills analysis for each person you are looking at - establish what they do as a main role, what they could do as a secondary role (maybe skills brought in from previous jobs) and who covers what roles in the event of absence etc..

Once you establish what they can do, then you can see what needs they have and how their needs fit in with the organisation's needs. Also, consider contingency planning - i.e. what would happen if someone was off sick or left, how would the gap be filled? How could other staff use existing skills to take on extra duties when time allows. Contingency planning is one of the key areas of the report (well it was for me anyway!).

A SWOT analysis can be used to examine the accounts function and current systems being used. S & W are usualy inside the area being analysed whereas O & T can usually be found outside and are sometimes difficult to identify. I only found a few O & T's but had 3 pages of S & W's!

Hope this helps.
  • Helen918
    Thanks for the advice.

We haven't received any tuition on this yet I seem to be reading no end of information from the AAT and the osbourne book and feel that it's information overload!

Maybe when I get back to college and see the rest of my class mates I might be able to bounce some ideas around with them. I'm also going to try work once more see if I can get them to be a bit more receptive to helping me.

:001_rolleyes:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I found the BPP Unit 10 book really good for ideas. I can let you have an idea of some of the things in it if you want - not much becuase I woudln't want to do the report for you but at least it would point you in the right direction. PM me if you want the info.....
  • Helen918
    Thanks that would be grand :thumbup:
    helen.918@hotmail.co.uk
  • Helen918
    Thank you that list is really helping.
    Finally I'm on my way.

Top man :)
  • sebula
    sebula Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    could you email me the list please