remembering ratios

locall
locall Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
hi all, does anyone have a good way of remebering all the ratios in the technician level (DFS)

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I know it sounds cheesy but by lots and lots of practice, also think what they are trying to achieve and that helps too.
  • locall
    locall Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    thanks for that, its a hard one to remember this
  • tattookitten
    tattookitten Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    whats the ratio? can you turn it into a song or a few letters? it sounds silly but I learnt all my formulas for PTC and PEV by changing them so I just used the first letter of each word, it was easier to remember because it was smaller.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well thats sounds ok to learn........

but there is so many ias that we all have to learn !!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Get a marker pen, write each one on an A5 bit of paper.
    Blu-tack to a wall you will see a fair amount.
    It's passive revision. You're exposed to the formulae so much you get used to what they look like.
    You need to do active revision as well.

This worked for me, both for AAT and for GCSE physics :thumbup1::thumbup1:
  • tattookitten
    tattookitten Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Oh thats good too! I did that for PTC and read them over breakfast, when I was on the bus and before I went to bed. My bf wouldn't let me get a whiteboard or put them up in the bathroom though :(

Oh i forgot to say, you know when you were little and you had to learn spellings you used to like cover it up and then rewrite it, well try that as well, its no good just remembering them you need to be able to write them again, so keep writing them down over and over!

good luck!!
Privacy Policy