Bored at work

Victoria
Victoria Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

i'm new to the forums and only discovered them as i am a new trainee in an accountancy company and they have no work for me to do as it's their "quiet season". i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of anything interesting that i could read or do on the internet? (accountancy related of course). just to curb the bordness!

any ideas would be great!

thanks x

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i can't believe this is their quiet season, we are manic at work trying to get tax returns in.

Our quiet season is allegedly in February and March as all returns are in and no looming deadlines!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Am with blue

Quiet ????? only one month i know as pretty quiet is April espically this year if your intending to do paper returns?? wow i want a job at your office lol sorry kidding :001_tt2:

Have you looked on all this site? i found it pretty interesting (i am sad lol)
  • Victoria
    am very jealous of you both!

I know, i only started this job in august and expected to be busy but we have a separate tax department who are dealing with all the tax returns. so i don't get involved with that and our biggest client for this period went into liquidation so we are all just sitting around not doing a lot!

yeh i have read the website many times. was just looking for new ideas. but i can't seem to come up with any!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Yiks that sucks - nothing worse when nothing to do the day goes on forever - Hey Facebook is fun lol
  • Victoria
    yup, the day does drag - a lot! yeh facebook would be fun if only they haven't blocked it so we can't use it. same goes with yahoo, youtube and anything else decent you would want to look at! that's why i was wondering if you had any interesting accounting websites - if they exist!

victoria x
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
  • Victoria
    Thanks very much!
Privacy Policy