PCR exam Dec 2008, help please

osb2403
osb2403 Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
I am having great difficulty trying to get my head around parts of the first section of the PCR exam, which I failed in June.
I am managing to get through the first bit production budget, materials purchase budget etc etc. When it comes to the next part of dealing with changes I start to panic and then can't think what I am supposed to do. Can anyone offer some help or guidance. I think if I get in the exam and this happens I will fail again! It's stressing me out! I think if I can't get my head around parts 1.2 and 1.3 there is no point going to the exam. I am looking to attending one of the aat revision days but is there anything else I can do.This is the last bit before I can apply for Full membership so unfortunately I need this but I am struggling to get through it. Secton 2 I find ok.
Can anyone offer some words of wisdom. I have read the text book over and over and over again and gone through the relevant exercises, where do I go from here. Would the AAT revsion day offer anything else

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I will be the Revision Tutor in London on Saturday 22 November.
    Will you be attending this class?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • osb2403
    Sandy,
    I have emailed you today, thank you for your response.

I am hoping to attend the course on the 22 Nov, although I am waiting for the booking form from the AAT, which I emailed them for yesterday. I haven't had a reply yet but I hope I will be able to get on the course and it will bring all my concerns to rest.

I look forward to meeting you on the day.

Regards, Simon Osborne
    Membership no. 10123153
    07724 530476
    01227 740508

SandyHood wrote: »
    I will be the Revision Tutor in London on Saturday 22 November.
    Will you be attending this class?
  • osb2403
    Sandy,
    I have just heard back from the AAT regarding the course on 22 Nov and unfortunately the day is now fully booked, although they did offer one in Bristol! A bit far from the kent coast.
    If you do have any tips that may help me understand or get my head around the parts of section 1 that I am having trouble with, please let me know.
    my email address is osb2403@ntlworld.com
    Thank you for your time
    Regards,
    Simon Osborne
    osb2403 wrote: »
    Sandy,
    I have emailed you today, thank you for your response.

I am hoping to attend the course on the 22 Nov, although I am waiting for the booking form from the AAT, which I emailed them for yesterday. I haven't had a reply yet but I hope I will be able to get on the course and it will bring all my concerns to rest.

I look forward to meeting you on the day.

Regards, Simon Osborne
    Membership no. 10123153
    07724 530476
    01227 740508
  • SandyHood
    Simon
    I have heard that we are full, and that a number of disappointed candidates have put their names on a waiting list.
    If you can, I would recommend joining that list.
    This will be the first exam set by a new examiner. I have signed up to attend a special session organised for him to discuss the emphasis he plans to take in the exams. This is just for lecturers and will be on Friday 21st, the day before the revision session.
    Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • osb2403
    Sandy,
    I have asked to be put on the waiting list but it doesn't look hopeful at the moment and now knowing that this is the first exam set by a new examiner and shot my anxiety level sky high. I may consider consider not doing the exam at all or postponing as I now do not feel confident to get through section one of the exam, thats if its in a similar format. A shame as this is the final bit for me to apply for full membership, but I end making myself ill from the stress, like many other students I expect. Unforunately I panic when I read the question, even in the practice papers I have from previous years. for example in last junes paper at 1.2 and 1.3 I read it and then can't think what I am supposed to do as the panic kicks in. Unfortunately I have always found management accounting more difficult than financial accounting.
    Naturally I am disappointed I can't get on the course but that is my fault for not responding more quickly. Anyway I won't go on anymore as I need to decide what the best option is. Thankyou for for help
    Sorry for venting my stress and worry on you.
    Regards, Simon
    sorry for going on and on:001_smile:
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Simon
    I have heard that we are full, and that a number of disappointed candidates have put their names on a waiting list.
    If you can, I would recommend joining that list.
    This will be the first exam set by a new examiner. I have signed up to attend a special session organised for him to discuss the emphasis he plans to take in the exams. This is just for lecturers and will be on Friday 21st, the day before the revision session.
    Sandy
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

Like you simon I feel worried too, as this is a resit for me. I have been practising on past papers but now worried that the new examiner will change things and il be completely thrown, what does it normally mean if it is a new examiner?
  • SandyHood
    osb2403 and confused!!

I have sent Simon an email offering tuition on Friday 28 November in West Sussex. Let me know if you are interested, and can take a day off work.
    I noted that you are both from Kent so you may wish to travel together, perhaps. I'm about 1 hr 45 mins away by car.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • osb2403
    Hello Confused,
    I am interested in going down to chichester for some tuition from Sandy if you want to, I am happy to drive.
    My number is 07724 530476
    I am waiting to get confirmation from my boss that I can have the day off, which should be tomorrow. I will msge you then to see what you want to do.

Simon
    confused!! wrote: »
    Hi

Like you simon I feel worried too, as this is a resit for me. I have been practising on past papers but now worried that the new examiner will change things and il be completely thrown, what does it normally mean if it is a new examiner?
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Sandy - I am interested in the West Sussex one on the 27th - Have just emailed you asking for the details if you have any space left.

Let me know

Gill Anderson
  • SandyHood
    I have emailed both Simon and Gill.
    The fee will be £100 for the day.
    I am currently planning to do this from home, but if numbers exceed 4 students I will relocate to a better venue.
    I do not plan to have more than 10 students, that way I can focus very specifically on the issues that give you the greatest concerns.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Goldy
    Goldy Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Pev/pcr

Hi Sandy!

I am from South West Cornwall I have failed PEV and PCR is second re-sit being an English second language struggling, is any possibility to attend one of your tution classes if there are in Plymouth, Exeter or Bristol.

Really appreciate your help.
    Many Thanks
  • Goldy
    Goldy Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Sandy
    I have post a thread for attending your revion classess nearby Cornwall.

Thanks
  • SandyHood
    Goldy
    I don't have any revision days planned for in Plymouth, Exeter or Bristol for November 2008.
    Have you contacted AAT? there will be some in Bristol and you might find if there are any on the units you want.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Suzie1982
    Suzie1982 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hello
    I too find the PCR exam difficult and I am worried that if i muck up the first bit then the rest will go to put -

Im ok in class where i can read questions slowly but i know once i get int othe exam ill panic - i also find the revised part hard as well and last night at college i was getting confused with the layout of the answers and none of the figs matched mine even though i did exactly as the question asked me

It seems whenever i do my workings i think im doing it the right way then i check the answers they have set it out completely differently on top of this to find out that a new examiner is on this yr im terrified

please someone help me.

Suzie
  • Genel
    Genel Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    I feel the same way about parts 1.2 and 1.3, as soon as i get to those pasrts it's all over for me... I have absolutely no idea what to do, i think the context of the questions are too hard to understand. I think the questions should be more simple. I am worried about this upcoming exam. If these recent exams where structured like the pass papers I have been practising I'm quite sure I would have passed.

So anyone who is really good with section 1 of the paper please extended your help, it would be appreciated. I'm a external aat student
  • confoosed
    confoosed Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Sandy,
    I'm definitely interested in the revision course on the 27th. I have emailed you, but got your out of office reply. Fingers crossed that you have space left!
Privacy Policy