Technician course in 1 yr

Louise:)
Louise:) Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
i would like to do the technician course, in 1 yr and finish in July,

-could anyone give me tips on study methods?
-is it soo early to start studying?
-As i havent started the costing course yet, does anyone know what i should learn?

anything to help me plan my next few months will help

much apreciated
:001_smile:

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I did technician in a year.

My advice - get the project out of the way as early as possible. This unit comes more from yourself than your tutors and if you don't get it out of the way - will become a millstone round your neck!

Get it done asap and feel superior to those who haven't :001_wub:
  • Louise:)
    yes, i have the project nearly complete, and yes it does feel good, to be the only one nearly finished.

did u study alot for the costing?
    what did you study?
    how did u go around the subject not covered wit ur tutor?

any tips on the rest of the year?

louise
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It's difficult, I did intermediate under the old standards and technician under the new standards so I did a lot of what is in technician now in intermediate. Because of that only 1 person in our class failed costing! They were easy for us with only a few new topics.

I was lucky that I went to an excellent college (Milton Keynes college) and there was nothing on the syllabus that wasn't covered by the tutors.

We did the 2 costing papers in the December sitting and DFS and both tax papers in the June. We also did Cash and credit management unit too.

I managed to get the project done whilst waiting for results so that I could get started on ACCA as soon as the results came through. We only actually had one lesson on the project and was then left to it.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    The technician year, is more than achievable, although good time management skills and organisation is needed.

hope it all goes well, and get the unit 10 project out the way ASAP, this can be done in no time once you have some research.

Remember the key, work, rest and play.

Paul E
    yes, i will then go fot it!!

thx
    :)
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I did Technian Level in one year I passed my final exams in June this year! all i can say really is that you will need to put a lot of time and effort into it but it will pay off! good luck with it.
  • jackie
    jackie Registered Posts: 81 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,
    I also did technician in one year. I did PEV,PCR and FRA in the December 2007sitting, the project whilst I was awaiting the results and then continued with BTC and PTC for June 2007 sitting as soon as I knew I had no re-sits. All done by distance learning, it was very hard work and I had to stay focused but well worth it. :thumbup:

Go for it and good luck!

Jackie
    hey,

my tutor has said that i will, need to put in alot of effort.

how many hours have you put into study, obvioulsy it depends on ur understanding of the units.

but i just want a rough idea

xox lulu xox
  • jackie
    Hi,
    When I was learning the units I usually studied each evening monday to thursday from about 8.30pm til 11.30pm and about 3 sundays out of 4 for about 6 hours, I would follow up with practice exams then move onto the next unit. Two weeks prior to exams I really put the pressure on.
    To do the PCR, PEV and DFS (not FRA, sorry mistake:001_wub:) starting beginning of Sept to exams in December was hard and I had to be very focused.
    I found the project okay as soon as I got my head around it and with regards to the tax exams which I started in March, I had done the units and past exams and then did not study for at least a month before revision for june exams. I did find it hard to pick back up after the break, I would have been better if I had started the units later.
    I hope this helps.

jackie

Ps I do have a business to run - full time - and a large family to look after and all that goes along with that, support from hubby was second to none:thumbup:
  • jackie
    Forgot to say, all done by distance learning too

Jackie
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    jackie wrote: »
    Hi,
    When I was learning the units I usually studied each evening monday to thursday from about 8.30pm til 11.30pm and about 3 sundays out of 4 for about 6 hours, I would follow up with practice exams then move onto the next unit. Two weeks prior to exams I really put the pressure on.
    To do the PCR, PEV and DFS (not FRA, sorry mistake:001_wub:) starting beginning of Sept to exams in December was hard and I had to be very focused.
    I found the project okay as soon as I got my head around it and with regards to the tax exams which I started in March, I had done the units and past exams and then did not study for at least a month before revision for june exams. I did find it hard to pick back up after the break, I would have been better if I had started the units later.
    I hope this helps.

jackie

Ps I do have a business to run - full time - and a large family to look after and all that goes along with that, support from hubby was second to none:thumbup:

wow when do you get time to sleep, well done :001_smile:
  • jackie
    A-Vic,
    Thanks for that, the sad thing now is that I really miss the study and as I have started to do jigsaws:blushing: in the evenings I have decided that it is time to sign up for ATT. That should keep me quiet. lol

Jackie

ps Sleep - whats that?!
    hahaha,

my goodness ur a god lol,
    sound good, ill have a hard year ahead of me then, but ill go for it , if i fail i just repeat.

i just dont want the summer break and have to start studying for exams, cause ill forget all of it for sure, i think its harder that way.

xox
    another question, which are the hardest units for the 3 exams i have to learn, i would want to check those out first, to recap when i actually go through them ?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    jackie wrote: »
    A-Vic,
    Thanks for that, the sad thing now is that I really miss the study and as I have started to do jigsaws:blushing: in the evenings I have decided that it is time to sign up for ATT. That should keep me quiet. lol

Jackie

ps Sleep - whats that?!

lol its something i havnt had much of in sixteen years (teenage daughter) at the mo am lacking a little focus busy at work and christmas i suppose but during the break am hoping to get unit 32 out of the way
  • jackie
    Hi,

Are you doing the tax? I found these really interesting therefore didn't struggle with them. I found PEV and PCR easier than DFS which was surprising as it is not my favourite but having said that, I do costing etc all the time with my business (sometimes unknowingly :lol:) so maybe thats is why.

Just picked up your message A-Vic, ONE sixteen year old daughter, try 4 sons and 2 daughters (all mine) with nine years between them all, (eldest 25 now)thats why I don't need sleep haven't had any for years! First it was the baby thing and now its the 'will they get home in one piece' thing :001_unsure:

Jackie
  • rachel_1982
    rachel_1982 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    i'd say pcr and pev are the hardest of the technician exams, i done those in june and got them out the way, then only had dfs to sit this month. lots of people found pev quite difficult, rach :-)
Privacy Policy