Office Christmas Lunches

Options
aatfree
aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
So it's that time of year again. The annual christmas lunch - where you are either relegated to next to folks in you hardly ever speak to, or people break off into little cliques. So who has got the best menu then? I think mine is pretty poor. The only bonus is that it is free:

Starter
Parsnip & Chestnut Soup with sweet butter nut drizzle (V)
Main
Boned and roll free range turkey breast slowly roasted with Christmas spiced butter. All the great trimmings, roasted potato, caramelised carrots, parsnips, chipolatas, sage and onion stuffing and bread sauce.
or
Strudel of nut roasted in omega 3 oil with roasted winter vegetables toast in fine herbs (V)
Pudding
Traditional Christmas pudding with warm Brandy Sauce, Coffee & petit fours

I should add I can't eat any of it.

Comments

• Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    So it's that time of year again. The annual christmas lunch - where you are either relegated to next to folks in you hardly ever speak to, or people break off into little cliques. So who has got the best menu then? I think mine is pretty poor. The only bonus is that it is free:

Starter
    Parsnip & Chestnut Soup with sweet butter nut drizzle (V)
    Main
    Boned and roll free range turkey breast slowly roasted with Christmas spiced butter. All the great trimmings, roasted potato, caramelised carrots, parsnips, chipolatas, sage and onion stuffing and bread sauce.
    or
    Strudel of nut roasted in omega 3 oil with roasted winter vegetables toast in fine herbs (V)
    Pudding
    Traditional Christmas pudding with warm Brandy Sauce, Coffee & petit fours

I should add I can't eat any of it.

Sorry.but I agree with you..that soup sounds horrible:lol:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I've got Tempura prawn skewer, Ribeye steak and seasonal vegetables and Tiramasu. Mines not too shabby this year
  • Diannew
    Options
    I've got Tempura prawn skewer, Ribeye steak and seasonal vegetables and Tiramasu. Mines not too shabby this year

That sounds much better..............do you not like turkey?

We don't have xmas lunch at work...we have a chinese banquet......
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Where do you work, Chinatown????

Do you have Dragon dancing or Dragon boat racing on the Mersey???
  • Diannew
    Options
    Where do you work, Chinatown????

Do you have Dragon dancing or Dragon boat racing on the Mersey???

I wondered how long it would take before I woke up the Little Devil.........
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Chinese banquet would be lovely I think
  • Diannew
    Options
    It is...but we go to the same place each year....and they always give us a mug each with the chinese animal year.........might have to sell some on ebay.....come back CJ...I feel a green paper clip comming on
  • farmergiles
    Options
    I wondered how long it would take before I woke up the Little Devil.........

At least you didn't add the "H" word....no! I meant "horrible":lol::lol:
  • Diannew
    Options
    No....Horney..is ok...he does have two of them on the top off his head..............So what is your ideal christmas lunch..down there........in the deep black hole.

Or do you put on a disguise and pop up here with all us little angels......and faires...
  • farmergiles
    Options
    I suppose the Devil would appreciate "slow roasted virgin"
    I personally like my turkey and lots of stuffing!!!
  • Diannew
    Options
    I suppose the Devil would appreciate "slow roasted virgin"
    I personally like my turkey and lots of stuffing!!!

Ok..............Note to self.....stay away from any one who looks like a little devil. at the christmas fancy dress party...............

Any one else out there who can get this back on to nice christmas lunches:lol:
  • atlan
    atlan Registered Posts: 21 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    We are having a curry at our local!

Better than trying to survive another(!) turkey dinner!! And our company is paying, so even more good news!! :D
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    How about......

Sayers meat pie followed by mince pie and a mug of tea !

That is what my previous boss gave us year after year. However, last year I suggested it may be nice to have a curry ???? Well, we got, curry rice and chips from the local greasy spoon cafe ! no expense spared, must of come to at least ยฃ10 in total and he had the cheek to draw out ยฃ450 for christmas entertainment. I never knew a few party poppers would be so expensive.
  • atlan
    Options
    Hi JJ43

That is just shocking even in the current climate!!

I hope you got your own back by organising a Xmas meal out of your own pockets (including party poppers AND crackers!! :wink: ) and didn't invite him!!!!!!!!!!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I've got farmhouse terrine, turkey and trimmings, and chocolate roulade.

It's on a Saturday night though so I think eating is cheating so will be taking full advantage of the free wine!
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Atlan,

Well, the thought of spending another jolly time around the canteen table was just too much, I left earlier this year and became self employed, so he will only need to spend ยฃ8.00 this year !
  • atlan
    Options
    Hi JJ

Good for you for leaving! Serves your old boss right!

I hope your new boss is nicer and provides a slap up Christmas do for you!! :wink: :biggrin:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'll be having whatever I get myself - there are drawbacks to being self-employed.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    a soggy butty and glass of what tastes like lighter fluid you win lol
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hey my new company since ive only been there a week and they are taking us to thornton hall ? posh place .... free beer free food and free hotel room ??

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmeee

onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:thumbup1::thumbup1::001_tt2::001_tt2::laugh::001_tt1:
  • Diannew
    Options
    hey my new company since ive only been there a week and they are taking us to thornton hall ? posh place .... free beer free food and free hotel room ??

]

Lucky you!!!!!!!!! who say's working in accounts doesn't have it's nice side...sounds like it's going to be a boozy session..what with giving you a room as well.enjoy
  • atlan
    Options
    :biggrin::wink:

I shall top that but not for a Christmas do - at the first practice that I worked, at the end of my 2nd week with them they took the firm, including me, on the annual "lunch" - all expenses paid 3 day weekend to Spain!! :001_tt2:

I moved on from that firm a few years ago now, but even so, I am not jealous about your Christmas lunch being far superior to mine this year in the slightest!!!!!!!!!! :001_unsure: :glare: :wink: :biggrin:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Trade you for a soggy butty :001_tt2:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I work on my own as well, but tonight I am off to a ladies only night with one of my regular suppliers: -
    Steakhouse dinner, theatre show and if I did not have to get home to my 4year old, hotel room with continental breakfast!!

Makes a change from Asda turkey sandwich and Irn Bru.

Mind you one year my company had just finished renovating an Italian Restaurant and we all got a free 3 course meal with booze. That was a good year.
  • mark130273
    Options
    nah? think i will stick with my 3 course beer ??
  • mark130273
    Options
    3 day weekend in spain ?? now that a party ?

IF THEY DID DO IT ?
  • mark130273
    Options
    would say theres still room in my room ? but now ive got my bosses brother in mine ?woooo hoo ?
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Got my work Xmas night out next week - menu ain't looking great but I can't say I'm a huge fan of Christmas food. It's bit bland to me. Menu's downfall is there's nothing with cheese on there! Last year the menu had a cheese related option for vegetarians.

mi|kshake~
Privacy Policy