Percentage for a pass

Options
carla030698
carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi, Does anyone know what % you need to pass the MAC and DFS units. I know you need to show competence in both areas but im not sure how much competence.
Also does anyone know how many marks are given for each question on any if the past exams, as I am a homestudy student I do not have an idea on how the papers are marked.

Thanks Carla! :confused1:

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    there is no pass rate ???its more the learning curve ??

if your in the top 90% of people taking the exam ? youll pass ?

thats what i think it is ?
  • carla030698
    Options
    So all I have to do is hope theres people worse than me then! Great im even less confident now! Thanks anyway! :001_smile:
  • definite.studies
    definite.studies Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I thought the pass mark was around 75 to 80% in both sections, which means you have to pace yourself carefully to make sure you attempt all the questions. (This may be adjusted slightly if the paper is judged to have been particularly easy or difficult in retrospect.)

The pass rate does vary from year to year, so it can't be just the top X% of the entrants.
  • carla030698
    Options
    thanks! this is quiet a high pass rate though isnt it! I have a friend who is doing CEMA and his pass rate was only 50%! :001_unsure:
  • definite.studies
    definite.studies Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    By pass mark of 75/80%, I meant the percentage of the questions you need to answer correctly. I don't have the figures for the pass rates, but I expect they are lower than that.
  • 2cool
    2cool Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The pass rate varies. for example if everybody in the uk got 80% correct then the pass rate would be really high but on the other hand if everybody in the uk got 40% correct then the pass rate would be very low. It jus varies. You dont need to worry i did MAC in June and thought 95 % sure i failed and to my suprise i didn't i passed. If you understand the layout of most questions that is half the battle. Good Luck and all the best!!
  • carla030698
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments, does anyone else really struggle with the written bits such as remembering all of the International standards in DFS? I think I should be ok with the rest of the paper but im worried that im not going to have a clue when it comes to answering questions on the standards and its going to bring my marks down and fail me! :crying:
Privacy Policy