Unit 33 MAC Dec 08 Exam

Richard
Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
How did everyone find this exam?

Compared to the recent papers, I didn't think it was too bad.

My mind went blank doing the variances in section 2, but hopefully managed to get it right!!

Comments

• Lizzim
    Lizzim Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    I didn't think it was too bad considering, but having said that I think I calculated at least 1 of the variances incorrectly and think my answer to the last question was a bit rubbish! Fingers crossed it will be ok.

I am giving myself a couple of hours off before doing some more DFS practice papers for Wednesday!
  • carla030698
    carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I thought it was going quite well until i got to the variances and then my brain went to mush, no i didnt get em all rite, just hoping i get enough marks on the other questions to pull me thru! :001_unsure:
  • Tinkerbell007
    Tinkerbell007 Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    I didn't think it was too bad but I know I completely ballsed up the variances - mind went totally blank - think I managed to concoct some right sums in that section!

Some of my written answers were a bit questionnable but I hope I did enough to pass but if not then its no big deal to re-sit next June....
  • carrieclarke2001
    carrieclarke2001 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    mac

I thought it was a hard exam and was expecting service industry
    But I answered every question and think I did enough to pass
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Everyone seems to be saying the same about the variances. Can anyone remember their answers?

I think I put 18,000F for the f/o volume and 10,000F for the expenditure.

The materials variance was 4400A, and 5000F making a total 600F.
  • Tinkerbell007
    Tinkerbell007 Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Richard

They sound vaguely familiar but I'm not entirely sure what I might have put down now! The target costs section threw me a bit I have to admit...
  • MrPolea
    MrPolea Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Richard wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be saying the same about the variances. Can anyone remember their answers?

I think I put 18,000F for the f/o volume and 10,000F for the expenditure.

The materials variance was 4400A, and 5000F making a total 600F.
    Richard, I got the same as you for the variances, only i seem to have 500ad for the material usage, but im sure it was wrong, hopefully, by gettin the others right it will enough for a pass!!!

got to crack on with BTC now, got this in the morning!!! ouch!!!
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    the variance question was very much simillar to those in the previose pev papers .... so i have almost caluclated all of them right ...... and in the (b) part of the variance i have advised the jumior colleague that the material usage variance is favorable due to the high skilled labour which resulted in less loss of material during the production as compared to his assumption that is based on selling price and in (c) part i wrote under absorption costing we take fixed over head as a part of cost of unit and vice versa in marginal costing
    Hope so this is the right answer ? fingers crossed
  • umerali2003
    in section 2.2 where it was asked it was benefical to buy the machinery ??? i said yes on the basis that it will increase the production units and and the labour cost will be less there was another possobilty of time consuming but if my memory serve me correctly it was written in the question to ignore the time frame
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    in section 2.2 where it was asked it was benefical to buy the machinery ??? i said yes on the basis that it will increase the production units and and the labour cost will be less there was another possobilty of time consuming but if my memory serve me correctly it was written in the question to ignore the time frame

I thought that rather than to ignore the time frame it said to ignore the tme value of money?

I think I did ok today but think I cocked up the last two written questions. Do you think I could fail it due to this?
  • umerali2003
    seriosusly in this unit its really hard 2 jugde it on the basis of one or two questions .. some body told me that they usually look the over all competence on each sections ... and i heard also that the passing percentage in this unit is usually less then any other units ..... i hope so it will be o rite
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I think I did ok apart from the last two written questions so I will be gutted if I have failed
  • carla030698
    carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Its rubbish that we have to wait till February to find out! Cant they put us out of our misery earlier than that! :confused1:
  • umerali2003
    we all are in the same boat i also dont have a time enough to explain the ratios properly i have calculated them o rite but was not able to write the report the way i wanted 2 and in section1 i did struggle 2 answer tak 1.4 just because i looked at the clock and there was onky half an hour left and i have to write the report and task 1.3 and 1.4 i bit panicked but still manage to threw some numbers in
Privacy Policy