Tax Return

lv9783
lv9783 Registered Posts: 65 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi
I have been given someones tax return to do...where do I start.

They have given me loads of receipts, bank statements and P45s.
They are individual not business Ive registered them online.

What expenses can I include...Im guessing fuel receipts, clothes for work, tools etc but is this only in the time period they are working???

Any suggestions would be a great help

Cheers

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Work clothing is not allowed unless it is safety equipment or uniform. The time period will really depend on what has been done previously or when trade started etc.

Why are you doing this tax return? I don't mean to be unkind but it would appear that you don't have enough knowledge to do it and you could cause more problems than you solve!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Why are you doing this tax return? I don't mean to be unkind but it would appear that you don't have enough knowledge to do it and you could cause more problems than you solve!

I have to agree ive been preparing for tax returns from entering invoices to bank rec's for 3 years now but never done one yet, i handle all VAT and Payroll but wouldn't like to attempt yet to complete a tax return on my own, plus you have to look at the time frame also it is 17th january doesn't leave you a lot of time to get all your info together.

good luck

Vic
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    I agree with Bluewednesday and A-Vic however, I have just had to complete my first SA for my husband and found the following link usefull :-

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/index.htm
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    JJ43 wrote: »
    I agree with Bluewednesday and A-Vic however, I have just had to complete my first SA for my husband and found the following link usefull :-

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/index.htm

Good luck and if anything i can help with please feel free to pm me also id advise you ring HMRC there pretty good.

vic
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for that A-Vic, much appreciated.

Julie
Privacy Policy