Feeling the pinch!!

mfwarduk
mfwarduk Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
I am currently working for a firm of accountants as a junior and also studying for my AAT Technician level, which the company pays for.

However, during these times of "credit crunch" the clent base has slowly been decreasing due to the fact that professional fees are the last thing people want to pay if they are having financial problems. So, we are finding ourselves with less work and there has been talk of people having to leave if this trend carries on into the coming months.

As a junior, would I be the first to go and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same situation? :001_unsure:

Comments

• *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi

I'm sorry to say that it is quite possible that they would get rid of junior staff first. How long have you been there?

Sarah
  • mfwarduk
    mfwarduk Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I have been here a year and a half, so I dont even think they have to give me much notice!!

Matt
  • *Sarah*
    hmmm check in your contract but i think most places will only pay redunancy if you have been there 2 years
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    *Sarah* wrote: »
    hmmm check in your contract but i think most places will only pay redunancy if you have been there 2 years

Legally it states reduncy is a weeks pay for every year you have been there but thats after two years.
  • A-Vic
    mfwarduk wrote: »
    I am currently working for a firm of accountants as a junior and also studying for my AAT Technician level, which the company pays for.

However, during these times of "credit crunch" the clent base has slowly been decreasing due to the fact that professional fees are the last thing people want to pay if they are having financial problems. So, we are finding ourselves with less work and there has been talk of people having to leave if this trend carries on into the coming months.

As a junior, would I be the first to go and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same situation? :001_unsure:

Hi

Really sorry to hear of your situation what i would do is send a covering letter with your CV to all the accounting firms in your area more so small practices as they are pretty busy.

Good luck

Vic
  • *Sarah*
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Legally it states reduncy is a weeks pay for every year you have been there but thats after two years.

Ah ok, wasnt too sure. Thanks for clarifying Vic
  • A-Vic
    *Sarah* wrote: »
    Ah ok, wasnt too sure. Thanks for clarifying Vic

No Probs :001_smile:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »

Assuming your company isn't liquidated in which case the state will pay up to a maximum of £330 per week (tax free as usual) after two years qualifying service subject to your start and finishing age at the time of insolvency.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    well my work is not as busy as they should be..........and hes just bought a bigger premisis ?
  • 2cool
    2cool Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    I worked in practice for 15 months as a junior and i got redundancy pay - best part of £2000. May be different in other firms? I dunno?
Privacy Policy