Email query - Chris? J? Anyone?

Options
Baggybooks
Baggybooks Registered Posts: 522 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Does anyone send emails via Virgin to BT.com recipients?

I have one who's not receiving my emails for 24 hours.

I've sent a batch of test messages to various folk and they
received and replied immediately, but the BT.com one is still
waiting.

BT say the fault is with Virgin and guess what, Virgin say it's BT!

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Virgin's my ISP, but I rarely send mail through them. I don't actually know anyone on bt so I can't send anything to test. If I were a betting man I'd wager the problem is more likely to be at BT's end than Virgin's -not a dig at BT just that it's most likely to be an issue at the recieving end. I'm not sure there's much you can do about it anyway.

It's also not unknown for service providers to claim something's not their problem and said problem being mysteriously fixed shortly after you've told them about it!
  • Baggybooks
    Options
    Thanks Chris. I would agree that it's more likely to be a BT issue.

After a conversation with BT, half a dozen emails suddenly came through. However, that didn't solve it completely.

I've been on a forum and there's a guy there who may be able to help.

All my emails (using Virgin) are fine apart from the ones I send to this BT address.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Helen

My emails are via BT ISP, if you want to test it? I've also got a BT email address, I'll send you the details.

Sue
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have one who's not receiving my emails for 24 hours.... various folk received and replied immediately but the BT.com one is still waiting

For Heaven's sake Helen I told you I'm not interested. Did you not get your copy of the restraining order?
  • Baggybooks
    Options
    No - I think you must have used the wrong email address.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    im on virgin ..........but my email is tiscali.....

interesting point thou .mind you my street electric tripped on tuesday night till wednesday afternoon ....
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    im on virgin ..........but my email is tiscali.....

interesting point thou .mind you my street electric tripped on tuesday night till wednesday afternoon ....

Mark do you ever sleep? lol
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    sleep are for wimps? that what DEL boy used to say when he was a yuppy...

lol
  • Baggybooks
    Options
    The problem continues...

Just found out that BT emails are actually via Yahoo! - does anyone have experience of problems with them??
  • Lizzim
    Lizzim Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I had an issue with my email since changing ISPs and joining BT.

My boyfriend set up his email to forward to a domain address we already had through the BT (yahoo) account and emails started coming through like normal. However one day I logged on to the yahoo account as I was not on my home computer and found the spam filter was keeping a significant proportion and not sending them on! this included a number of emails that I needed....and after a month the spam filter would delete them.

I have since turned the spam filter off and had no further issues - so might be an idea to check this :)
Privacy Policy