Classic thread from 2007!

Options
blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Was trying to Google an old post I wrote a couple of years ago and came across this little gem (that's gem as in beauty not as in the beautiful Gem...);

http://forums.aat.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-15480.html

I can't even remember writing that now, two years later. I love the way it just gets more inane and random as it continues...

... good times!

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LOL That is absolutely hillarious. Those were funny funny times.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I remember this now! My contribution was amazing. Someone please tell me my sense of humour has developed a bit more...
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    What a lot of rubbish we used to post not like now when we're more mature and sensible...or something.

I don't remember that either, I do, though, remember the great "OMG I can't believe they expected us to know how many grams there are in a kilogram in an exam to test our competency to be accountancy professionals it's so unfair" whinge.
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    I remember this now! My contribution was amazing. Someone please tell me my sense of humour has developed a bit more...

Definately Gem!!

:laugh:
  • Gem7321
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    I do, though, remember the great "OMG I can't believe they expected us to know how many grams there are in a kilogram in an exam to test our competency to be accountancy professionals it's so unfair" whinge.

That was so funny. For my PEV and PCR they taught us the entire metric system from scratch :001_rolleyes:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i have just read through that - in stitches. i even posted a reply on it - must have felt brave!!!

tee hee made my afternoon re-reading that.

tracy
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Yup and even Peugeot got a post in there when he felt like slumming it amongst the lowlifes...!

Can anyone remember the photo of him on the park bench? Wasn't there a bit of controversy about that or am I getting confused again? I'd also like to re-read the Ann Marie/ToadFace tantrum in the Study Buddy thread but it's over a thousand pages long - the thread that is, not her rant - though she could fricking go on...
  • CJC
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    I'd also like to re-read the Ann Marie/ToadFace tantrum in the Study Buddy thread but it's over a thousand pages long - the thread that is, not her rant - though she could fricking go on...
    I just looked, there's over 15,000 posts in that thread :ohmy:
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hey Gem,

Is that a picture of your baby? I have skipped the last two weeks, so are you pragnant????
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Can i come babysit? I LOVE babies!!!!

Any how, on a normal note, who has needed a snow plough to get them into work! I was one of the very brave that decided to walk into work (you can stop applauding now as i am already sooooo proud of myself! :huh:)
  • taskey
    Options
    toadface was a bit of a dodgy situation. i remember reading those post in horror as what was being said. was amusing though. i do recall not posting on that thread once it got going.

Tracy
  • CJC
    Options
    troy wrote: Β»
    Can i come babysit? I LOVE babies!!!!
    So do I but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the fish.
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Is that a picture of your baby? I have skipped the last two weeks, so are you pragnant????
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

It certainly is :) one healthy, wriggly, 13 and a half week old baby. Thanks!
  • taskey
    Options
    wow that is a really clear pic - congrats Gem

Tracy
  • CJC
    Options
    taskey wrote: Β»
    toadface was a bit of a dodgy situation. i remember reading those post in horror as what was being said. was amusing though. i do recall not posting on that thread once it got going.
    Tracy
    Yes, I think I kept my distance from that one too. Toadface was a rather strange young chap.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    It certainly is :) one healthy, wriggly, 13 and a half week old baby. Thanks!

well done gem...................your own little GEM !!!!
  • troy
    Options
    Are you keeping the memory loss down to a minimum???
    Do you have any exams in June?.....aparently you can say that you are insane whilst pregnant,so does that count as special circumstances for near passes in exams?
    I kept putting all my tinned food into the freezer when i was pregnant!
    But maybe it was only me that suffered from that sort of stupid thing?
    I wish you all the best!
    :thumbup:
    x
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Do you have any exams in June?
    But maybe it was only me that suffered from that sort of stupid thing?

Hopefully I won't have any exams in June - sat my last Tech ones in December :)

I've definitely had my fair share of stupidness, a few weeks ago I went outside in my dressing gown and very nearly made it to the shops before I realised, and for some reason I keep putting the tin foil in the freezer :confused1: it's all good fun though!

I'm really pleased with the pic, it doesn't look too good on here because I had to take a picture of the photo with my phone then resize it to make it fit, on here you can't see it's big nose!
  • troy
    Options
    A big nose you say?....that is because your baby is a boy and he is already compensating for his lacking in other areas! And ofcourse i am talking about his brain........:laugh:

(please don't take that personally, as ALL babies are wonderful, and i was only joking)

x
  • Gem7321
    Options
    Lol I'm not sure if he has a big nose but everyone who has seen the photo has commented on how noticeable his nose is :huh: and I keep saying 'he' but I'm trying not to, although I'm sure I saw a willy! But Ben thinks I saw the umbilical cord which is quite likely I suppose :001_tongue:
  • troy
    Options
    YOU thought you saw a willy and your BLOKE thought it was the umbilical cord? That has gone wrong somewhere?

Will you be updating your pics as you go along as i am sure i am not the only one on here looking forward to hearing how you and the little one (him or her) is doing.

Sorry, as if have totally hijacked the original thread!
    :thumbup1:
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    blobbyh
    What a fantastic link
    I'd not seen it in 2007, so reading it today was marvelous
    Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Was trying to Google an old post I wrote a couple of years ago and came across this little gem (that's gem as in beauty not as in the beautiful Gem...);

http://forums.aat.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-15480.html

I can't even remember writing that now, two years later. I love the way it just gets more inane and random as it continues...

... good times!

That was brilliant!!!!.......I was reading that whilst waiting for my toes to thaw out this morning.:lol::lol:

It was a bit like "what's my line" in email form.

All those people that reckon accountants and people who like numbercrunching are boring should read these threads..................they would soon have a different opinion...........
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    LOL @ much of it :lol::lol::lol: Thank you!
Privacy Policy