Level 2 & 3 exemption

Options
axl2derv
axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

Does anybody know if the AAT provide a certificate to state that you have been exempt from certain levels? I ask because I have nothing to prove that I am qualified up to level 4.

Thanks

Carl

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ive heard of fast track in two years but not in 1 ??? this is because am sure you need all the units in 3 &4

please correct me if am wrong
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yeah I also thought you had to do Intermediate and Technician to be AAT qualified
  • axl2derv
    Options
    The AAT brought a new rule in last year that if you had a certain level of experience and your tutor thought you deserved it; you can be exempt from level 3.

I did study level three but didn't manage to complete one of the units. As I studied under the old standards, I had to re-do the whole level again. Luckily they brought out this rule before I started doing level 3 again.

You got exemption from level 2 if you had a bit for experience. Again, I did study level 2 but never handed in my coursework so when the standards changed, my coursework was void.

I have been given level 2 and 3 exemptions but I could do with certificates.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    So you didn't complete either of the levels but they thought you had sufficient knowledge? Sounds a bit weird.

Anyway, I saw something on the student page about how you can start at a higher level but couldn't find anything about exemption certificates. Maybe your college could provide you with something?
  • axl2derv
    Options
    So you didn't complete either of the levels but they thought you had sufficient knowledge? Sounds a bit weird.

Anyway, I saw something on the student page about how you can start at a higher level but couldn't find anything about exemption certificates. Maybe your college could provide you with something?

With the work experience I had, it was sufficent to cover the exemption from Level 3. If your tutor agrees this then he can apply to the AAT for your exemption. The rule came out in November. I just hope the AAT can provide certificates.
Privacy Policy