Job Interview 5th March 2009 HELP !!!

Options
George Tse
George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hello

I finally have gotten myself an interview after a long search !

I have a job interview with a 8 partner firm on the 5th march it stated that it was a one on one interview.....

I just need to know what to expect, like questions wise and if it will be formal or informal.

What is the main difference and how will the questions differ between and formal and informal interview ?

Also there will be tests prior the interview ... ??

Kind Regards :thumbup:

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    dont know . but think formal will be "best qualities ,worst qualities, etc etc"

the informal will be get to know you questions......but these are just as important as the formal....i think because its wether you fit into there pesonnal and "click" with there staff. because no use having someone whos great at their job but doesnt fit in with the rest of the staff . not good for a working enviroment...

thats what i tihnk anyway ?
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I've had an interview with 2 partners before at an insolvency company.. it wasn't the nicest of experiences.

Make sure you research the company as they usually begin by asking what you know about the company and it looks good if you have bothered to research.

They will usually ask questions like, what can you offer the company, where do you see yourself in the future, what have you done in the past which relates to the new role etc.
  • George Tse
    Options
    Esme wrote: Β»
    I've had an interview with 2 partners before at an insolvency company.. it wasn't the nicest of experiences.

Make sure you research the company as they usually begin by asking what you know about the company and it looks good if you have bothered to research.

They will usually ask questions like, what can you offer the company, where do you see yourself in the future, what have you done in the past which relates to the new role etc.
    cool ! how long did it last ??
  • mark130273
    Options
    well i would say a good intereview should take an hour. if its any less......i wouldnt hold much hopes for it !
  • George Tse
    Options
    an hour ! jesus crist lol that must be a lot of questions they ask ya then ?? ... wow !
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I had a first interview which lasted half hour, and got through to the second interview which also lasted half four, so wouldn't be put off by that.
  • GILL
    GILL Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    When interviewing I usually plan for about 1/2 hour chat (but leave enough time before the next candidate for it to extend up to an hour). Usually find this is enough time to cover about ten set questions depending on their complexity, one of which is always 'what do you know about the business' - you would not believe how many people say 'nothing' which I feel highlights a possible lack of initiative and interest!

Personally I feel it is better to be open and honest - if you are unsure what they are aiming for with a question say so, if you are unsure that your answer is correct say something like 'I am not experienced in this area but I think ........'

If you are nervous say so, this may seem a little obvious as most people are at interviews, however some people actually come across as disinterested and it can be difficult to work out if they are just uncomfortable in an interview setting or are not good at communicating with people generally.

And try to make a reasonable amount of eye contact.

Good luck!
  • mark130273
    Options
    an hour ! jesus crist lol that must be a lot of questions they ask ya then ?? ... wow !

sorry if that frieghtened you ? just with my experience in receiving interviews. the jobs that i have got the interview has exceded 1/2 hour !!

but think every company must have its own type of interview technic!
  • George Tse
    Options
    lol its ok im not scared ! lol .... well its only wth ONE partner so I think it will be up to half hour hopefully.... so wot are the typical questions to expect ?
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think you need to adopt the mindset that it's you interviewing them as much as them interviewing you. I personally treat all interviews as 'meetings' and more of a chat than anything formal. You need to ensure you do full research on the company as every answer you give should be you positively stating your experience (life experiences count!) and qualifications geared towards that companies needs / function.

Try and speak to other staff in the business, probably the receptionist and ask her (or him!) how things are working at the place. It's always good to make small talk as this will make you feel confident before they call you in.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    lol its ok im not scared ! lol .... well its only wth ONE partner so I think it will be up to half hour hopefully.... so wot are the typical questions to expect ?

Id expect in the informal interview the what can you bring to the firm, where do you see yourself in five years - its a get to know you session - normal practise - will be followed (if large firm) with a formal interview also dependant on the job.

Just try to be yourself
    firm but friendly handshake
    good humour
    Show an interest in the firm
    smile
    and mostly relax
Privacy Policy