Did you start AAT because having 11 fingers gives you an advantage in accounts???

Options
LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
...and other suggestions for topics in the AAT magazine:

Did you start AAT believing it was in fact the AA?

Celeb Encounters' - an article in which celebrities tell us whats the highest number they've ever counted up to - first up, Ben Shepherd - "14"

Can you play billiards?

Was your parent a clown?'

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LOL excellent thread - reminds me of Partridge when he was in the travel tavern.

Ideas for a TV show........ Jet from Gladiators to host a millennium barn dance at Yeovil aerodrome
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I don't believe that about Ben Shepherd. He exaggerates. I bet it's nearer to 7.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Cullen, I can assure you it is true about Ben Shepherd! He did indeed count to 14 once

Okay, he did start at 10 and threw in an 37 and 21 in there as well, but he did stop at 14!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Also, it appears that an extension to Celeb Encounters in which celebrities were also asked what their favourite number is, has had to be cancelled after Dame Julie Dench got into a fit of giggles after confessing hers is "69 Dude"!!
  • Cullen
    Options
    Them dames, eh? They have to bring everything down to their level.

I just looked the word "number" up in my Funk and Wagnell and I had a snigger when I saw they had listed "thong". I looked again when I put my monocle back on and was disappointed to see it actually said "throng".

How about Celebrity Malapropisms. Has it got legs, do you think? Speegs should know, she's in show business.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Malapropisms are always funny; getting handed a cucumber on stage instead of a knife…ah, those prop guys are hilarious...

I didn't know you wear a monocle, though Cullen? I must say, you don't see them around much anymore. Very classy, what what

Do you wear a top hat as well, per chance?
  • Cullen
    Options
    Yup. And an opera cloak. And spats. Yessiree I am indeed very classy.

However, LondonMatt, (may I call you London?) you have failed to grasp the concept of a malaprop. It's when you think one thing but say another similar sounding word that means a completely different thing like using the word malaprop for a stage prop........

Ooooh I see what you did there, you malapropped right in front of me and I didn't even notice!!!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Cullen, you may indeed call me London. A classy gent such as yourself has no need to stand on ceremony in regards to such matters what-what.

But the rest of you plebs on 'ere will continue to address me formally as Mr L. Matt Esquire

And yes, I do apologise for my malaplopping. I'm at that age now where incontinence can strike without warning….:blushing:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    This was good reading though you two do kinda remind me of Raffles the Gentleman thug from Viz.

Warning; if anyone finds swearing offensive please don't follow this link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffles,_Gentleman_Thug
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Good link Blobby.

I think I may try the "'Remove your decollétage from its corsetry for the delectation of the gentlemen present'" line whilst I attempt to woo my newly acquired lady friends on the other thread.

Would go down a treat that...
Privacy Policy