pass marks...

ggl_87
ggl_87 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi does anyone know the rough percentages for pass marks on DFS and PTC. I know you have to pass both section one and section two, but what is required to actually pass these?

Thanks

Comments

• Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The rumour goes that you need 80% on both. Think it's probably true as failed DFS last time and did really well on the first section and the second section was only about a quarter of the number of questions and got most of the 2.1 right and still failed.
  • ggl_87
    ggl_87 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    ahhh I'm dreading results.

80% is pretty high
  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Surely they take the results as a whole, prior to deciding any % pass rates?

If the paper was particularly easy, then it may increase the % pass rate, and if it were hard, the pass rate would be lowered.
  • Poppy
    That would be the common sense approach...

If you look at the pass rates PEV is always dreadful :crying:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    my opinion is that they allow a certain % to pass each section, say 80% of people to pass section 1 and 80% of people to pass section 2, this would then give a varying number of people who pass the paper from 60% to 80% depending on how many people fail both sections.

I dont think its a set % as a similar % of people seem to pass each year.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    There is no set %, they review it when all of the exams have been marked.
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Where do i go to see the pass percentages for recent years??? awaiting PCR results!! not the best paper in the world :crying:
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    AATmunkee wrote: »
    Where do i go to see the pass percentages for recent years??? awaiting PCR results!! not the best paper in the world :crying:

I agree. PCR was horrible. Especially 1.3 & 1.4.
  • Brownie3
    I'm awaiting PCR, very nervious, which is strange, because this is the first paper where i've actually got some doubt in my mind.

However, If I fail, I can honestly say I could do know more, I tried my very best, and I prepared for it, if I have to retake it, so be it.
  • *Data Input* officer
    Brownie3 wrote: »
    However, If I fail, I can honestly say I could do know more, I tried my very best, and I prepared for it, if I have to retake it, so be it.

I got respect for you for saying that. Good luck with the results. I'm sure you will pass.
  • Gem7321
    I'm sure you will pass.

I get so frustrated when people say that to me. How do you know I'll pass? And then you'll think I'm really thick if I don't!

Also waiting PEV & PCR :( not at all confident. I'm nearly 100% sure I've failed PEV.
  • rachel_1982
    rachel_1982 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    I know what you mean about Section 2 Poppy. i know I got question 1d wrong, which means the following three parts where you use this answer will be wrong. I know you get some credit, but if I'm explaining the meaning of a wrong equation... :001_unsure: I'm not hopeful! XXX
  • Brownie3
    Chill Gem, tough day I appreciate, but lets hold it together :-)

I think the term 'Sure you'll pass' is merely a good luck or a form of encouragement.

Come on people, it's only 4 months till we can re-sit it.

:-)
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    I get so frustrated when people say that to me. How do you know I'll pass? And then you'll think I'm really thick if I don't!

blimey.....it sounded to me like it was only meant as someone being supportive! :huh:
  • AATmunkee
    i think the nerves are flying round!! I too am convinced i've failed PCR section 1.3&4 and 2.2!! i was completely thrown and even started my memo off as "I have been unable to calculate what was required for section 1.3!!!!" how bad is that??? i did however show all my workings and am hoping that the marker will show pity on my poor self!!
    Goodluck everyone... so not long to go now!!!! :)
  • *Data Input* officer

Also waiting PEV & PCR :( not at all confident. I'm nearly 100% sure I've failed PEV.

That comment was not for you. Sort yourself out.
  • Poppy
    Every one play nice or the other kids won't want to play :tongue_smilie:
  • AATmunkee
    :001_tt2: Here here poppy!!!! LOL
  • Arianna
    Arianna Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    I'm really surprised that the pass mark is 80%, my tutor used to guess at about 65%.
  • Debs2809
    Debs2809 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have heard pass marks are worked out on average after papers have been marked, so the higher the standard of answers the higher the pass mark!!! But then who knows, maybe AAT could answer this question for us.
  • Gem7321
    That comment was not for you. Sort yourself out.

Wow I know it's a tense day but that doesn't mean you have to lose all manners :huh:
  • *Data Input* officer
    Wow I know it's a tense day but that doesn't mean you have to lose all manners :huh:

*internet meltdown*.
  • *Data Input* officer

See your comment above. Sort your "manners" out before replying to me. Refrain from having internet *meltdown* as your comments above. I've passed my exams today so I just want to celebrate like everyone else.
  • Gem7321
    I wasn't replying directly to you, just merely continuing the conversation :huh:

Congrats on passing the exams. I passed PEV and PCR and have finished AAT now :) but doing the auditing sim on Friday as extra
  • *Data Input* officer
    I wasn't replying directly to you, just merely continuing the conversation :huh:

Congrats on passing the exams. I passed PEV and PCR and have finished AAT now :) but doing the auditing sim on Friday as extra

On that note congrats on your exams passes and good luck with your Audit sim. You'll pass it.
  • princess
    princess Registered Posts: 80 Regular contributor ⭐
    On that note congrats on your exams passes and good luck with your Audit sim. You'll pass it.

lol!!
  • Farhanmaster
    Farhanmaster Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    50% Each section..
  • Gem7321

Doesn't bother me because it doesn't matter if I don't pass it! :001_tt2:
Privacy Policy