Awaiting Unit 6 exam results.

dobbieobby
dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Scared. Sure I've mucked up the 2nd section... Why oh why do we have to wait so long for the results??? I did the exam in December. My mate is doing ACCA and she get's her results within weeks and can re-sit them (if needed) within weeks too.

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Sadly ACCA results are around the same wait, I sat 3 in the first week of december and get results w/c 16 Feb.

Takes a while but to be fair there are alot to mark and they need to ensure a degree of consistency and fairness.
    Regards,

Burg
  • dobbieobby
    I know, I know... but it doesnt make it any easier!!! Even if they posted the answers I could see if I mucked up and know...
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Tense times I know, I used to worry but found the further I got from the exams the less I could remember and the worse I thought I had did.

I did'n fail one at AAT though so hopefully I can continue that through ACCA, its a bit of a step up though!

Best of luck, not long now!
    Regards,

Burg
  • dobbieobby
    Oh no, this is it for me! Once I've done the AAT no more. I want my life back!!! (I do home study and work full time)
  • Pinchy
    Pinchy Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Fee for feedback

Is it true that if you fail and you want feedback on what you did wrong, the AAT charge you £50 for the privilege? As if most students can afford that!

If this is the case I think it's terrible as they don't even give you a pass mark do they? How do they expect you to work on the areas you struggled with if you don't know what you did wrong!! And it's so long ago that I don't even remember anyway...sigh!
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Pinchy wrote: »
    Is it true that if you fail and you want feedback on what you did wrong, the AAT charge you £50 for the privilege? As if most students can afford that!

If this is the case I think it's terrible as they don't even give you a pass mark do they? How do they expect you to work on the areas you struggled with if you don't know what you did wrong!! And it's so long ago that I don't even remember anyway...sigh!

Yes this is true I'm afraid
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Daft as it sounds I hope I don't pass unit 6. I have looked at the paper and have no more idea now than I did then what to do and it would be a very hollow victory. I felt a real sense of acheivement with PLB going from no idea to being able to it without thinking and I don't feel that with ECR, I can't do it yet and thats that!
  • agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    i have been checking my mailbox since 7 in the morning hoping they might send it earlier, stupid me :001_rolleyes:
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm sitting at work finding it very difficult to concentrate on anything. All i keep thinking is when i get home tonight i might have THAT email!

I'm trying hard to be positive but i'm really not sure i did enough to pass and i know i made some stupid mistakes.

I just want to know now.

The suspense is killing me!

Ampsie
    Feeling impatient
  • cal2122
    cal2122 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I'm finding that Haribo are helping wonders with the nerves. I've got my email address set to be the one I use at work, I must remember to change it to my home address before I leave to check again tonight. I hope it will still work and won't mess up in the process of trying to be clever.

I am sooooo nervous...good luck everyone.:thumbup1:
  • dobbieobby
    Me too. On looking at the answers posted regarding Unit 6 I completely mucked up the second section. I'm just hoping that as I put notes on EVERYTHING I did it'll be ok... I feel sick and my boss keeps chasing me for stuff, my mind is elsewhere...
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sweets - good idea! I've just raided the sweetie box for wine gums!

I am so glad my boss isn't here today. I'm supposed to be doing the company cash flow and vat return today and I just seem to be spending a lot of time staring into space!!

I did speak to my tutor who said i can still move up to technician level even if i have to resit. But i soooo don't want to have to do ECR again.

I'm keeping everything crossed for everyone!

Ampsie
    :001_smile:
  • agatha
    agatha Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    :blink: i feel sick, i wish it was over, i havent done anything today, just staring at the screen :crying:
Privacy Policy