Advice for Technician level?

Options
Burnse
Burnse Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

Well done to everyone that passed!
I just wanted a bit of advice....I have just passed FRA and ECR, so I can now do technician...but I have no idea what to do?

I really want to finish it in a year and I fast tracked year two, so I think I will be ok, but any clues on what I should do now.
I just been told I need to enrol this week!

Well done again everybody! :laugh:

Comments

• axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Enroll for Technician level but don't take it lightly. It is more difficult than Level 3.
  • Burnse
    Burnse Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What should I take first? I was thinking of doing PEV and PCR, but I am aware there is a project and DFS.
    Do you do them first and then to the two options later on? :confused1:
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    If I remember correctly I sat PEV and PCR, in the June then did CMCC and MAS in between finishing and starting college again, finishing with DFS and PTC in the December

Paul
  • princess
    princess Registered Posts: 80 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am doing it in a year at a college.
    I sat pcr and ptc in december (and passed)
    Project has to been finished in April
    Then DFS and PEV as exams in June, and CMCC as a skills test in early May!
  • axl2derv
    Options
    I think the best way is to do PCR and PEV together, then do the project in between doing IAP and CMCC and finish with DFS.
  • chemayne
    chemayne Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have just done PEV (failed) and PCR (passed) with CMCC as a skills test. Need to do DFS, PTC and unit 10 project (for first time) and resit PEV. I too fast tracked intermediate in 6 months, so wanted to do technician in 1 year. I think now though doing 3 exams and a project in the next 4 1/2 months is probably boardering on insanity!!

I did originally try DFS first (coincided with a 6 month break to look after my son) but couldn't get my head round it and the tutors at BPP advised that people do find it better to do PEV/PCR first.

I did find it a big jump from intermediate to technician so be prepared! Like above I wanted to complete the whole AAT course (from foundation to technician) in 2 years. I'm currently running behind target by 6 months but looks like it going to have taken me a year longer due to the amount that needs to be completed by June. I have found alot of other people have found this too, so don't be discourged if once you have started technician, you find it's takes abit longer than planned!

Good luck in whatever you choose :001_smile:
  • axl2derv
    Options
    chemayne wrote: Β»
    I'm currently running behind target by 6 months but looks like it going to have taken me a year longer due to the amount that needs to be completed by June.:001_smile:

God, I am behind target by 4 years. Took a break between intermediate and technician. I wanna do CIMA in 2 years to make up for that though.
  • Markyt
    Markyt Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I want to take Technician in 6 months. Has anyone done this? What would be the best way to study for it.
  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    My only advice would be to start the project now! Unit 10 is horrid imo. I got mine signed off in January, was so glad to get it out of the way
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Yep I second what Brownie said
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I skipped Foundation level and did Intermediate as home study, took a break for nearly 2 years then started Technician level via college for one half day a week.

I found the project easiest because I was able to use my work as the subject; and the audit sim was very straightforward. However, I have really struggled with DFS :confused: and wish I had taken it at the beginning when FRA & ECR (units 5 & 6) were still fresh in my mind. I've also taken the personal tax exam which I thought was ok as everyone has a fair idea about their own tax so you have at least some background knowledge to build on.

Studying for PCR and PEV at the moment and have to resit DFS in June. I found Technician level a big step-up from Intermediate even having had many years experience in accounts departments.

Good luck with your studies and everyone else embarking on this level.
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I've done PTC and DFS in December (and passed) and im just doing my amendments for unit 10 project now having completed the draft in November. Then i am doing PEV, BTC & PCR in June. I think it has worked well so far??
Privacy Policy