Options
2»

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: »
    Whats it got to do with you?

(thinking wrong thread) I was only trying to be civil Paulie but I forgot you were a fick Brummie...
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Going back to roughly the topic of the OP I managend to negiotate an £11 a month saving on the line rental/broadband option 1 price with BT this week. I was beyond my 12 month initial contract so just 30 day notice. I rang and requested a MAC migration code so I could move over to the post office £19.58 a month for a very similar package opposed to £28 a monthish. They promptly "did some calculations" and offered me my current package (line rental, free weekend and evening calls and broadband option 1) for £17.60 a month if i signed up for another 12 months......:thumbup1:
  • axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have an Aldi...that's pretty cheap.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    over here in germany we use lidl and aldi really often. i was watching a programme on tv the other day - cant remember what channel and the programme asked people who usually shop in asda etc to try aldi and lidl. they said it was like shopping on the continent when you are on holiday. well i shop in them all the time, as we only have one british shop over here i refuse to pay their hiked up prices (although i work for them!!!). so i resort to lidl, their meat is fantastic, their basics are really cheap - milk, flour, eggs. even the german ladies on the tills get used to our attempts at speaking german and i am sure they only recognise us because of it.

tracy
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    V-Media

Virgin Media (Vergin if that's blocked out) were charging me more for my package than what they were for my mum's and she had more than me! I promptly phoned and requested either a smaller bill or more channels.

They "did some calcs" and halved my broadband costs on top of the free line rental.

I had to have a new aerial on the roof as I was sick of using indoor cack. I called action aerials as I needed one quick and they were available the soonest. Anyway, I did some reasearch on decent aerials and a DAT 75 is one of the best and for a snippet £40 on Maplin. The guy came and said I would only need one half as good as that so I said OK... he tried to charge me £150 plus VAT for the aerial and installation. I refused and stated an aerial twice as powerful was twice as cheap, he went to his van to speak to his supervisors who told him to offer me the whole lot at £100 :-)

And Blobby mate, I've been ciggie free since New Year too - I was even sad enough to make a spreadsheet on how much I have saved so far, just over £200 and we have decorated the living room with the cash!

If you're into this sort of thing, some online gambling sites have great promotions on... I signed up to a Bingo account and deposited £10 to which they deposited £20. I won £200 on Monday on the 3rd game and quickly withdrew it before temptation could get the better of me. Gala Bingo that was btw.

Aldi have great deals on electricals from time to time so well worth popping in every weekend to see what's available. All my shpping is done at ASDA though. Cheap enough.
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Buff wrote: »

Aldi have great deals on electricals from time to time so well worth popping in every weekend to see what's available. All my shpping is done at ASDA though. Cheap enough.

Hiya mate, We have the Asda Credit Card which we only use for food shopping, pay it off in full every month so no interest, and get a load of vouchers just before xmas, like the club card, but annual pay outs, well worth it.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I save all my clubcard points from Tesco until the school summer holidays and then use them for days out. You get 4 times the value than if you used them to get money off your shopping. There is a lot of choice for what to use them on.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hiya mate, We have the Asda Credit Card which we only use for food shopping, pay it off in full every month so no interest, and get a load of vouchers just before xmas, like the club card, but annual pay outs, well worth it.

Get the money back card and do that you earn cash instead
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Buff wrote: »
    I have saved... just over £200 and we have decorated the living room with the cash!

Well done for staying cig free Jamie - same here - only I chose to spend my money rather than glue it to the walls...

What do you want - a medal?
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Interesting,

We probably spend about £7,000 per annum in ASDA - what's the typical reward on that in terms of vouchers? and how does it compare to the cash you could earn from the other ard discussed?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Just found a good one. Get a new free sim card from T-Mobile via their website, top up by £5 and they'll give you 1,000 free texts to use within 60 days so have ordered one for my daughter.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    o2 £5 blt ons 1000 free mins or texts or mix to top ten o2 users
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Asda Credit card has changed to 1p every £4.00 spent paid out in November.

I obviously missed change notice as I thought it worked out at 1p per £1.
Privacy Policy