Phishing

Options
AdamR
AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
Recently I've noticed a surge in phishing emails to one of my main accounts - I'm not surprised as the media reckon the number of cases will go up during the current economic climate - but as of yet I still haven't had anything claiming to be from a Bank/Building Society I actually deal with! Are these spammers going through a book and will they hit the "right" ones soon, or are some institutions never targeted?

Comments

• Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I reckon they use most bank accounts and building societies. I ve seen a variety of both being sent to my email account. Its obvious when its not your bank...but basically they will probably get to your actual bank/building society at some point...Dont be taken in!!!
    They are getting cleverer more sophisticated all the time.

Somebody from my family even got sent a letter, not an email, a letter! with proper letter head,etc etc, looked like the real deal...Was a Fake letter and a Scam.
  • AdamR
    Options
    I got some letters from my bank after setting up a couple of joint accounts a couple of years ago that looked fake! No letterhead, no contact details, no form or place to sign - the letter wanted the signature of the 2nd person - and I was that concerned I wrote a letter back, asking them what they thought they were doing! A month later they put Β£50 in my account to make up for the inconvenience :lol:
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    :huh: You would think they would know better. But still they gave Β£50 to you to repay for their nice letter...
  • AdamR
    Options
    Best thing of all is that the inconvenience didn't actually cost a penny - the bank had sent postage paid envelopes in which to return their letters in so I used them to send off my two letters of complaint! No phone call required so I basically got paid Β£50 for taking 10 minutes to write a snotty letter!:laugh:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    try advertising using an email..........your inbox doubles within minutes..... and i rouhgly get about 30 spams a day.....lovely ...........
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I had a really convincing one from ebay, not convincing enough though! But my friend had the same one and she replied with all her details :001_rolleyes:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    I had a really convincing one from ebay, not convincing enough though! But my friend had the same one and she replied with all her details :001_rolleyes:

oh dear..................silly billy....

i get a few off paypal too.with Dear payapl user ?

paypal never say that the use your name !
Privacy Policy