HMRC Getting Tight

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Have you noticed the suttle changes to HMRC for example Vat return envelopes now you have to provide a stamp. Funny thing is it doesn't stop them wasting money to tell you your client and duplicate it when asking for 1p on the account we even received penality notice for said 1p. Then two more letters saying that they have decieded to add it to years account.

Do these people not check??? haha

Come on tell me your tails on HMRC and your dealings - its friday and need to waste time :lol:

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have nothing bad to say about the HMRC. True, I don't phone up and ask for info on certain aspects of finance, but I sometimes do refer to online documents and find them helpful at times. I don't deal with tax returns etc so maybe that's a good thing for me?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    we were speaking about this the other week in college .and the tutor was saying that the HMRC will spend over £1 to get in 5p !!!

now how much sence does that really make ?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Buff wrote: »
    I have nothing bad to say about the HMRC. True, I don't phone up and ask for info on certain aspects of finance, but I sometimes do refer to online documents and find them helpful at times. I don't deal with tax returns etc so maybe that's a good thing for me?

lol give you time
  • A-Vic
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    we were speaking about this the other week in college .and the tutor was saying that the HMRC will spend over £1 to get in 5p !!!

now how much sence does that really make ?

I know mark stupid isnt it
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Been having to provide stamps on their envelopes for years - I usedto try and send them without stamps just to **** them off.

Moved to online VAT Returns as soon as I could, free plus if a payment return you get an extra 7 days to pay and if repayment I have seen me doing the return online on the Monday and money in the bank by Friday, Yeah!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    Been having to provide stamps on their envelopes for years - I usedto try and send them without stamps just to **** them off.

Moved to online VAT Returns as soon as I could, free plus if a payment return you get an extra 7 days to pay and if repayment I have seen me doing the return online on the Monday and money in the bank by Friday, Yeah!

We did an after at a tax office that explaned how to use the on-line facility for VAT then went straight back and carried on by post daft eh.

we do everything else on-line tax returns P35 CIS but as far as vat nope
Privacy Policy