HELP! Why cant I even get an interview!

Options
mickle
mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
I paseed both ECR and FRA in dec and am now looking for work. I have joined REED Accountancy on the internet and felt really confident about the future. I have no exprience in accounts as i am a bank manager but I thought I would at least get an invitation to an interiew. I've studied off my own back with no support from the bank at all.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks

Mic.

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Just stick at it mate. Registering with more than one agency can be advantageous.
  • Model500
    Model500 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    ditto. and don't rely on agencies to get you work either, keep applying for advertised jobs. send speculative cv's to companies too, you never know!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mickle wrote: »
    I paseed both ECR and FRA in dec and am now looking for work. I have joined REED Accountancy on the internet and felt really confident about the future. I have no exprience in accounts as i am a bank manager but I thought I would at least get an invitation to an interiew. I've studied off my own back with no support from the bank at all.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks

Mic.

Hi Mic

I wouldn't loss heart you just have to stick at it and keep looking also i would sign up with a few more agencies gives you a better chance.

Also i would get in touch with your local employment links they are really good at helping you stucture your CV ready to send as well as they have links with the job centre so a lot of jobs filter to them and they will help with a search for you much like an agency.

Good luck

Vic
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

I've just been advised to join an agency called Macildowie who are apparently really good. I suppose in this climate I am lucky to have a decent job that pays well anyway.

Its so frustrating to be passing exams but nobody wants to take you on!

I shall keep at it until the agencies get sick of seeing my name!! I do have an unusual name and that normally helps!:thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    mickle wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your advice.

I've just been advised to join an agency called Macildowie who are apparently really good. I suppose in this climate I am lucky to have a decent job that pays well anyway.

Its so frustrating to be passing exams but nobody wants to take you on!

I shall keep at it until the agencies get sick of seeing my name!! I do have an unusual name and that normally helps!:thumbup:

iD ALSO LOOK ON-LINE AT ROBERT HALF
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Just curious but when you state you're a bank manager, do you mean you're the manager of a bank or a manager in a bank? If the former, then don't bank managers in the usual understanding earn considerably more money compared to the latter? Wouldn't becoming an accounts assistant at best, be a hefty drop in salary?

Pre-empting the usual agency complainers on here, but there are some who will advise against them, however you shouldn't rely on them as a sole source for finding employment as we're currently in a slump too.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Also what may seem a daft question have you tried your banks own internal web site am sure there will be jobs avertised for a position in accounts with them?
  • mazgreen
    mazgreen Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    try posting your CV with exam results on it to totaljobs.co.uk or careerbuilder.co.uk. I have had a couple of phone calls from agencies. unfortunately, I havent had any luck yet but fingers crossed. it allows the agencies to contact you as well as thousands of jobs to apply for on line. Good luck x
Privacy Policy