Forum Super Team V2

Options
AdamR
AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
Do you think it's time this lot was updated?http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=12987

As I wasn't around at the time for the first, I'll add myself anyway and if no one likes it, hard luck!:001_tt2:

First name: Adam

Level of accountancy experience: MAAT; studying ICAEW

Time spent in accountancy: 3 years

Current role: Accounts preparation, initial Audit tasks and helping out with computer problems!

Are there any other teenagers out there? At the moment there's only one other I know of! We don't want to be all on our own...:crying:

That said, in little over two months I'll be twenty so I won't have to worry! Can't wait either!:laugh:
Β«13

Comments

• rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    First name; Rachael

Age (be honest!); 33

Location; Bristol

Level of accountancy experience; Completed fast track foundation level currently on fast track intermediate finishing in june

Time spent in accountancy; none......

Current role; unemployed...but may go back to lecturing??!!
  • AdamR
    Options
    Woo, one person looks daft but two people starts the ball rolling!:biggrin:

PS Before I get sued for copyright or something, I would like to make it clear that the original thread was Robert's idea.:lol:
    <End disclaimer>
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    First name; Anne Victoria (hence A-Vic):001_tt2:

Age (be honest!); 35 (with crows feet) :lol:

Location; Greater Manchester

Level of accountancy experience; advanced certificate completed in june :001_unsure:

Time spent in accountancy; 4 years :thumbup:

Current role; accounts assisstant :thumbup:

Ok nosey thats ya lot :lol:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    First name; Matthew

Age (be honest!): 24

Level of accountancy experience: Doing the diploma pathway, 3rd year, will be finished AAT in the summer

Time spent in accountancy: I don't count my current role as being accounts proper, so none

Current role: Foreign payments clerk, but hoping to move over to the sales/credit control section very soon
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    First Name: Paul

Age (be honest!): 25

Level of Accountancy Experience: Currently part way through CIMA, should be fully qualified 2010 (all being well!)

Time spent in accountancy: Five years, two years for a large organisation prviding retail (food and non food) funerals, Travel and Banking & Insurance, Two and a half years in construction. Currently working for a listed printing business, whole new challenge.

Current Role: Assistant Accountant
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    First Name : Jamie

Level of Accountancy Experience: Courses don't attract me at the moment, maybe i'll look at it differently when my kids are a little older. AAT doesn't seem the right choice for me though, but fast-track does sound interesting Rachy.

Time spent in accountancy: 6.5 years, law firms. Originally started out processing invoices & credits, current tasks include the same plus WIP management, anti money laundering, internal & external reporting, software development & testing amongst other things (rather diverse hance my thinking AAT may not be the best choice).

Current Role: Billing Assistant
  • rachy1975
    Options
    Buff wrote: Β»
    First Name : Jamie

Level of Accountancy Experience: Courses don't attract me at the moment, maybe i'll look at it differently when my kids are a little older. AAT doesn't seem the right choice for me though, but fast-track does sound interesting Rachy.

Time spent in accountancy: 6.5 years, law firms. Originally started out processing invoices & credits, current tasks include the same plus WIP management, anti money laundering, internal & external reporting, software development & testing amongst other things (rather diverse hance my thinking AAT may not be the best choice).

Current Role: Billing Assistant

It is Jamie, i only want to take a year off of work to change careers...i started the fast track mid sept, took the exam in Dec and finished in Jan...intermediate started feb and finishes june...basically its completing each level in 18 weeks...intermediate is a step up but im finding as long as i do my homework and reading im gettin along with it ok....i find comin on here realy helpful too....

:thumbup:
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    First Name : Mandy
    Age (be honest!): 43 going on 23 :001_tt2:
    Level of Accountancy Experience: MAAT. Once business re-organisation over, will look for something else.

Time spent in accountancy: 18 years with the same business. Management Accounts. Budget preperation, forecasting, Template Management, journals, nominal rolls, report analysis, investigations. System interrogation etc, etc, etc!. I look after the Senior Managers so had to grow big teeth and stripes.....

Current Role: Area Decision Support Analyst
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    First Name : Sean

Age (be honest!): 20

Level of Accountancy Experience: Just passed my second year in AAT. Worked in finance department for property development company for about 1.5 yrs.

Time spent in accountancy: 1.5 although i would class my job more as admin.

Current Role: Accounts Payable/ Payroll
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    First name; Chris

Age (be honest!): 43 (how did that happen!)

Level of accountancy experience: Completed AAT a few years ago but mainly just doing the books for my own business.

Time spent in accountancy: None really.

Current role: Web Monkey - site design and maintenance, e-marketing consultancy, CMS installations and admin, client side development with ajax, Flex and Flash, some server-side development with coldfusion and J2EE. All at competitive rates.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Future asperations

That be a good one to add

Mine would be:-

Too pass ECR - AAT - ICEAW - Go on the aprentice - get a job with Alan Sugar - Form a hostile takeover bid of his business - retire at 50 - buy a small Island and not all in that order :lol::lol::lol:
  • rachy1975
    Options
    Future aspirations: get a trainee accountancy job and complete technician level and go onto higher level, earn a good amount of money, support boyfriend for a year so he can take a year off....buy a run down cottage in the middle of nowhere cheap at auction, renovate it and live there peacefully......with my cats!!!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    First Name: Pamela

Accountancy Experience: MICB, Finished Intermediate AAT, currently doing Technician

Years in Accountancy: 17 years, 6 1/2 in Industrial Pipework, rest in Construction

Current Role: Dogsbody, anything and everything that does not involve a hammer or power tools (been known to do severe damage with them)
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Future aspirations: get a trainee accountancy job and complete technician level and go onto higher level, earn a good amount of money, support boyfriend for a year so he can take a year off....buy a run down cottage in the middle of nowhere cheap at auction, renovate it and live there peacefully......with my cats!!!
    Future aspirations: Get the company enough money to stop annoying phone calls looking for money. Finish AAT, Get the building work and decorating finished in my house so I can get on with studying (that bit first) and playing with my son
  • SeanyBoy
    Options
    Future Aspirations: Build up enough equity in my flat to release and start my own business... not quite sure what the business specializes in yet but by the time i have enough money to do so im sure i will have worked it out.. any suggestions?
    I also want to become NO.1 in the xbox live leaderboards.. would be good!
    Would also like to own a number of properties but hey cant be too greedy now!
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    First name; Lorraine (obviously lol) a.k.a Banana Man lol

Age (be honest!); 30 just!

Location; Bristol

Level of accountancy experience; Completed AAT Technician last June after doing Foundation and Intermediate levels.

Time spent in accountancy; 5 years

Current role; Financial Controller for a Ltd Co. Also Freelancing Bookkeeper
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    First name; Katherine

Age (be honest!); 35 :crying:

Location; Horsham

Level of accountancy experience; Completed Level 2 in December currently doing FRA and Professional Ethnics

Time spent in accountancy; none

Current role; At home with the last of the brood. Trying to keep him husbands books in some sort of order. First VAT return due this month :scared:

Future Aspirations; Not sure. Started the course to give me more insight into the bookkeeping for the business, enjoying the study but not sure where it will take me. Need to get some experience first
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    First name: Mark

Level of accountancy experience: last year of AAT

Time spent in accountancy: 137 DAYS

Current role: Trainee accountant

p.s. should i update my time spent every day ?
  • AdamR
    Options
    Nah but we all want a slice of cake to celebrate when you reach 1 year!:001_tt2:

I like rich fruit cake...
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Time spent in accountancy: 137 DAYS

Then again mark, that could be 137 years if you go by your signature!
    Regards,

Burg
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Too lazy to type this all out again!

From old Forum:-

I've been wondering for a while if I'm elible for the super team, being only an occasional poster, but here goes.

First name; Jan

Age (be honest!); 48, was hoping to take the "oldest" mantle off Sharon, but Peter has beaten me to it. Ok I'm now 51 (just, doen't time fly)

Location; North Yorkshire

Level of accountancy experience; Became MAAT in 2004

Time spent in accountancy; 10 years, part-time, although I still feel I have a lot to learn. Started as a bank clerk at 18, added to population, returned to work, did bookkeeping & accounts then studied AAT. In industry for a while. Re-tried job in practice, but found more suited to my current role.

Current role; Bookkeeper for land agents clients, although my boss refers to me as "our accountant" :001_smile:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    First name; Gemma

Age (be honest!); 19

Location; Exeter

Level of accountancy experience; AAT qualified - starting ACCA in September

Time spent in accountancy; 3 and a half years

Current Role: Semi-senior in practice. Preparing accounts & tax returns for co.'s, pships and sole traders, I also look after our CT61's, I do VAT returns, and I look after our auditing and accounting software package for this office. And I'm registering as a MIP to do bookkeeping from home.

Edit: forgot to mention I also assist in tax investigations.
  • SeanyBoy
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    First name; Gemma

Age (be honest!); 19

Location; Exeter

Level of accountancy experience; AAT qualified - starting ACCA in September

Time spent in accountancy; 3 and a half years

Current Role: Semi-senior in practice. Preparing accounts & tax returns for co.'s, pships and sole traders, I also look after our CT61's, I do VAT returns, and I look after our auditing and accounting software package for this office. And I'm registering as a MIP to do bookkeeping from home.

dont suppose you fancy teaching me a thing or two?
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    SeanyBoy wrote: Β»
    dont suppose you fancy teaching me a thing or two?

:glare:

OI!!! I SAW HER FIRST!!!

** Beats Chest and Jumps uncontrollably **
    :001_tongue:
  • AdamR
    Options
    First name; Gemma

Age (be honest!); 19

So all that's left to find out is who the real baby of these forums is - do you come in older or younger than me?:laugh:

Hope it's not me - I was always the youngest when I was at college and at work everyone else is at least old enough to be my mother or father!!!:crying:
  • AdamR
    Options
    Buff wrote: Β»
    :glare:

OI!!! I SAW HER FIRST!!!

** Beats Chest and Jumps uncontrollably **
    :001_tongue:

Sorry Buff, we're already engaged - we're going to get married and play scrabble. Didn't you see the post last week?:lol:
    Same here, I'm 19 and I haven't been clubbing for nearly 2 years :huh: I haven't even been drinking with mates since nearly a year ago! Adam we should get married and play scrabble
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Ok, here goes....

First name: Tracy

Level of accountancy experience: Currently studying Technician Level AAT

Time spent in accountancy: I've been doing book-keeping for 18 years now.

Current role: Accounts Manager (sounds grander than it is, I'm the only one who does the accounts!)
  • AdamR
    Options
    Happy birthday for tomorrow!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Cheers Adam! :001_smile:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Time spent in accountancy: I've been doing book-keeping for 18 years now.

Current role: Accounts Manager (sounds grander than it is, I'm the only one who does the accounts!)

Be proud, very proud! Makes the accountants job easier if we get it right.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, enjoy a glass or two!
Privacy Policy