Lily Allen

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    haha i let you know if her djing skills are any better as i am goin to see her dj a set after her gig in bristol on weds night!!!

As for music at the moment im loving roses kings and castles....and babyshambles...saw them the other month with roger daltry...very good gig

:001_smile:

Off to see Mr Doherty on Wednesday night on his solo tour :001_tongue:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: »
    Off to see Mr Doherty on Wednesday night on his solo tour :001_tongue:

i was suppose to go tonight to cardiff but boyfriend working so had to give it a miss....absolutely gutted!!!
    hope you have a fab time.... have you heard roses kings castles?? its adam ficeks solo work...really good

:mad2:
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    Maybe it's my age,but I've heard little new for years in the pop/rock field that interests me. Most of the new music I listen to is experimental or avant-garde and the rock/pop tends to be older stuff. Perhaps we all look back to the music of our youth as a golden age but I still think of the Eighties, away from the mainstream dross, as an era of unparalleled creativity and excitement that's never been bettered.

You can see the gory details of my listening habits here.

I agree with you there. It's as if your brain gets full of good tunes, so it's harder to appreciate newer stuff.

Ironically, I'm finding that my favourite music is not the stuff I was buying when it was current. Like early 90's Britpop/Madchester stuff, when back them I was buying the likes of Mariah Carey and Belinda Carlisle.:crying:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'll put together a mix for you over the weekend Paul.
    Better late than never...

http://cjcnet.net/AATmixes/
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Has any body else found that the recent influx of 'songs' in the singles charts such as the new 'song' by the artist mentioned here makes you want to pull your ears off?? :mad2:

Have only just heard it and yes it's total **** and I see what you all mean!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Has any body else found that the recent influx of 'songs' in the singles charts such as the new 'song' by the artist mentioned here makes you want to pull your ears off?? :mad2:

Heard on the radio this week that she had to give back her BMW. She couldn't afford it as the record company hadn't paid her royalties. Makes your heart bleed for her doesn't it :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Heard on the radio this week that she had to give back her BMW. She couldn't afford it as the record company hadn't paid her royalties. Makes your heart bleed for her doesn't it :001_smile:

awww how on earth will she cope? maybe ask J Ross for advise as he has to have 8mil pay cut awww poor bloke lmao
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    well i saw her dj weds night at bristol...what a load of rubbish!!!!
    i only went as i get in free and its free beer but thought it would be a lively night......she was suppose to play a 2 hour set, she did 20 mins and her own and then a guy did it with her for another 25!!! she got paid for 2 hours, wouldnt sign any cd's or stuff, wouldnt meet people and basically acted like a spoilt child high on coke!!!!
    Keith allen was seemed ok though...bit miserable
    most people ended up in the other room where the resident dj was playing better music!!!!

:huh:
  • Paul24
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    awww how on earth will she cope? maybe ask J Ross for advise as he has to have 8mil pay cut awww poor bloke lmao

Heres to being controverisial. Along with Mr Brand, Mr Ross may be one of the funniest people in British showbiz at the moment (in my opinion)

Discuss............ :001_tt2:
  • CJC
    Options
    I do find Brand reasonably amusing and Ross is quite an intelligent and articulate film critic. I can't stand chat shows - dull people plugging their latest worthless product - so I've never watched more than 10 seconds of his show.

Best thing though is having the genuinely funny Stewart Lee back on the telly. About time too.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Heres to being controverisial. Along with Mr Brand, Mr Ross may be one of the funniest people in British showbiz at the moment (in my opinion)

Discuss............ :001_tt2:

Huh? (discussed):lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    i think personally whitty banter has to be held by radio's chris moyles he is ligh hearted funny and serious when needs to be on serious issues
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sorry but I don't think any of them come even close to Stephen Fry, my all time favourite (although QI has been a bit pants this series, due to poor guests):thumbup:
  • CJC
    Options
    I like Stephen Fry too but as for Chris Moyles the less said the better.
  • Paul24
    Options
    I like Stephen Fry too but as for Chris Moyles the less said the better.

Stephen Fry is an absolute legend
Privacy Policy