Phase Five......

SeanyBoy
SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
Im not sure what all of this is for.... They say it is curable so why make a public announcement stating we are now phase 5.. 1 away from the worst situation we could be in...

Are these scare tactics? They tell the public to stay calm but i am struggling to imagine the amount of concern going through peoples heads!

Are you guys worried at all?
Β«1

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    No. But I am cool

A-choo
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I'm not worried and I won't be until dozens of people who had not been to Mexico, start to die from this. All 'non-Mexicans' who have contracted the virus, have only had mild symptoms, no foreigner has died yet.

Until they do, I like to think the viruses virility has something to do with something specific to Mexico - another disease, or virus the community has interacting with swine flu, or the virus/pollution they have, or merely the idea that they don't have ready access to good health care, I don't know
  • SeanyBoy
    I hear you.. but with confirmed cases all over britain do you not think in weeks to come that we could start to see the effects of this flu.. i suspect it would take a few days to even take effect, and they say the symptoms are similar to your standard cold.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    I dont really want to admit this but im with LondonMatt on this!! Until someone dies who has not been to Mexico, i'll start to worry. My concern though is the airports, there are still flights coming IN from Mexico so there'll be a lot of germs in the air in the airports, so it will soon be all over the world!

Anyone know exactly how it started? Please no references to Mexicans having sexual relations with pigs.... Thankyou!
  • LondonMatt
    All those cases have so far been from people who were in Mexico. I think there was one confirmed case in Spain of someone who had not been to Mexico contracting the virus. That’s not a lot, but it could grow of course. I just don't think there's a need to worry about it until it happens
  • LondonMatt
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    I dont really want to admit this but im with LondonMatt on this!
    Ah, you are only a woman….helpless to my charms
    Until someone dies who has not been to Mexico, i'll start to worry. My concern though is the airports, there are still flights coming IN from Mexico so there'll be a lot of germs in the air in the airports, so it will soon be all over the world!

Anyone know exactly how it started? Please no references to Mexicans having sexual relations with sheep.... Thankyou!

It probably started when a pig farmer contracted normal human flu and then came into contact with normal swine flu and the two mutated together in that person to create a virus containing the worse parts of swine flu, with the contagiousness of human flu.
  • Rachey
    Ah, you are only a woman….helpless to my charms

It probably started when a pig farmer contracted normal human flu and then came into contact with normal swine flu and the two mutated together in that person to create a virus containing the worse parts of swine flu, with the contagiousness of human flu.

Probably? You're rubbish you are!! :001_tt2: And i notice you also quoted my 'sheep' remark and i have since changed it to pig :001_rolleyes: i'm not too sure why i was thinking of sheep!
  • SeanyBoy
    Probably? You're rubbish you are!! :001_tt2: And i notice you also quoted my 'sheep' remark and i have since changed it to pig :001_rolleyes: i'm not too sure why i was thinking of sheep!

A lot of people think of sheep... your not alone Rachey :laugh:
  • Paul24
    SeanyBoy wrote: Β»
    I hear you.. but with confirmed cases all over britain do you not think in weeks to come that we could start to see the effects of this flu.. i suspect it would take a few days to even take effect, and they say the symptoms are similar to your standard cold.

From a selfish point of view, my cold is nearly cleared up, and as I only get one every six months for a week or so, I will know to go for a check up if I get more flu symptoms within a couple of months.

Personally I may have to eat these words, but I think its the media blowing things out of proportion, not that they usually do that of course.
  • SeanyBoy
    To be honest for me its the word "pandemic".... there is just something about the word...

i guess there was a lot of coverage of the "bird flu" case but then again that never reached britain.
  • LondonMatt
    And i notice you also quoted my 'sheep' remark and i have since changed it to pig :001_rolleyes: i'm not too sure why i was thinking of sheep!
    Yeah, having sex with sheep is just weird! But pigs…? I'm not so sure….I used to have a crush on Miss Piggy….

….and Jade Goody :ohmy:

(too soon for Jade Goody jokes??)
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Apparantly, well according to the Togmeister, the only way you can ensure plenty of room on your daily commute, is to carry a bag with "MEXICO" written on it and snuffle loudly into a tissue.

I tried it this morning and it worked a treat. I was still the only one in my car when I got to work....................
  • Paul24
    Just phoned the NHS helpline and all I got was crackling
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I'm not worried at all, five people have got it in the UK and they aren't going to die. I appreciate its a different story in mexico but I think the media, etc are blowing it out of all proportion really.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Please correct me but i read somewhere that this the latest straine of bird flu
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Paul24 wrote: Β»
    Just phoned the NHS helpline and all I got was crackling

You have started again:lol::lol::lol: Do we really want another Pig of a day:lol::lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    A-Vic wrote: Β»

i was under the impression it came from pigs... but i think it all falls under the "influenza" category.. the long word for "flu" and i think it is just another version... hence the similar symptoms and so on...
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A-Vic wrote: Β»

Oh no......does that mean that the pigs may fly..........watch out for their droppings...can't say they would bring you good luck if they fell on your shoulder:crying:
  • A-Vic
    diannew wrote: Β»
    oh no......does that mean that the pigs may fly..........watch out for their droppings...can't say they would bring you good luck if they fell on your shoulder:crying:

lmao ya nut
  • Rachey
    Its the same virus as bird flu, H1N1, but bird flu could only be passed through birds, this one can be passed from human to human. Quite worrying really!!!
  • SeanyBoy
    Its the same virus as bird flu, H1N1, but bird flu could only be passed through birds, this one can be passed from human to human. Quite worrying really!!!

As long as you've forgotten about the sheep Rachey... :laugh:
  • Rachey
    To be honest, i'd just been reading an article about an asian man in Leeds who was having sexual relations with a sheep. He was seen by passers by who called the police and was arrested. It turns out he had HIV and was trying to give it to the sheep to see if he could spread the virus through its meat. How sick is that?????
  • SeanyBoy
    To be honest, i'd just been reading an article about an asian man in Leeds who was having sexual relations with a sheep. He was seen by passers by who called the police and was arrested. It turns out he had HIV and was trying to give it to the sheep to see if he could spread the virus through its meat. How sick is that?????

Was he a member of the taliban?
  • Rachey
    It didnt say, if he was then the government wouldnt publish it anyway to protect the rest of the taliban. Our government is ****ed up!
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Rachey, you've got far too much time on your hands :laugh:
  • SeanyBoy
    It didnt say, if he was then the government wouldnt publish it anyway to protect the rest of the taliban. Our government is ****ed up!

What do you mean? they've made a wonderful job of running this country..

crimes is down, employement is up, everyone is happy with the taxes they are paying... they are doing a swell job! :laugh:
  • A-Vic
    SeanyBoy wrote: Β»
    What do you mean? they've made a wonderful job of running this country..

crimes is down, employement is up, everyone is happy with the taxes they are paying... they are doing a swell job! :laugh:

Sean is it time to sit in that darkend room with the padded walls again bless :lol::lol::lol:
  • LondonMatt
    To be honest, i'd just been reading an article about an asian man in Leeds who was having sexual relations with a sheep. He was seen by passers by who called the police and was arrested.

Ah, 'reading the article' were ya…….thats the same reason I buy Playboy….the articles :001_rolleyes:

:laugh:
  • LondonMatt
    I see we are back on AAT time.....five minutes fast now :confused1:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    It didnt say, if he was then the government wouldnt publish it anyway to protect the rest of the taliban.
    Ah I see, so our troops are dying in Afghanistan protecting the Taliban, I never knew that.
    Is this for real or just racist bullsh*t? Let's have a reference to the article please.
Privacy Policy