Internet Radio

Options
PAMDILL
PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
Do any of you like dance music and listen to internet radio?

My brother in law has a show on a station called Dancefmonline.co.uk a couple of days a week including a Friday from 7 to 8 and a Sunday 7 to 9pm.

Not knowing anything about dance music I think it is quite good so does his wife but obviously we are biased so would like a second opinion.
:cool2:

Comments

• Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Been listening and converted to classical music but do occasionally still listen to pop and modern day music :laugh:
    Thanks for the info and name of the site, ill check it out sometime.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Never really got into internet radio, mainly because my speakers aren't good enough. Recently bought an fm/am alarm clock though, as my phone was just not up to the job of getting me up anymore.... I'd thought I'd now be able to wake up to 'hip, young people music' to suit my age, but yesterday I woke up to REM and the day before to "O-oh-o Sweet Child Of Mine" :confused1:

Not exactly the freshest of tunes.....still good songs though
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Never really got into internet radio, mainly because my speakers aren't good enough. Recently bought an fm/am alarm clock though, as my phone was just not up to the job of getting me up anymore.... I'd thought I'd now be able to wake up to 'hip, young people music' to suit my age, but yesterday I woke up to REM and the day before to "O-oh-o Sweet Child Of Mine" :confused1:

I've got some speakers for sale on gumtree if you need some.. not sure they would suite for waking you up though!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

Why not just get a head set there pretty cheap argos have them in for £6
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Why not just get a head set there pretty cheap argos have them in for £6
    I do need to buy headphones as the rubber on mine broke off the other day, but I don't like wearing them while on the computer…..I once saw a film were this kid's whole family was murdered, but he didn't hear it 'cos he had headphones on playing video games….the killer then calmly walked up behind him and shot him dead

The film wasn't even scary, but I remembered that scene the next time I went to put the headphones on :001_unsure:
  • PAMDILL
    Options
    I hate the earphones that you have to stick in your ears, if I do that they either fall out or end up giving me earache.

I was trying to listen to the radio programme through my laptop speakers but not that great, everytime I watch a movie or listen to something through the laptop I promise myself I am going to get a set of small external speakers. I used to have a set that you plugged into a personal cd player but can't find them. One day I will actually get around to buying another pair.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    Do any of you like dance music and listen to internet radio?

My brother in law has a show on a station called Dancefmonline.co.uk a couple of days a week including a Friday from 7 to 8 and a Sunday 7 to 9pm.

Not knowing anything about dance music I think it is quite good so does his wife but obviously we are biased so would like a second opinion.
    :cool2:

Hi Padmill, I like dance music. Have listened to internet radio before as some of my friends have slots. Is he on any week days? Do you have a link to the page?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I pretty much only listen to music/radio through a computer these days. I listen to Radio 5 a fair bit which being on AM is pretty unlistenable on a normal radio.
    For speech I find the built-in speakers adequate and for music, I've a set of Creative speakers I bought a few years ago - cost about £50 but pretty good sound quality for the money. I've spent serious money on hi-fi over the years but I can't honestly say that it was really much better than the pretty basic set-up I'm using now.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I do need to buy headphones as the rubber on mine broke off the other day, but I don't like wearing them while on the computer…..I once saw a film were this kid's whole family was murdered, but he didn't hear it 'cos he had headphones on playing video games….the killer then calmly walked up behind him and shot him dead

The film wasn't even scary, but I remembered that scene the next time I went to put the headphones on :001_unsure:

Hang on you just gave me a reason to buy a spare pair (as backup incase others break):lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    Options
    CJC wrote: »
    I pretty much only listen to music/radio through a computer these days. I listen to Radio 5 a fair bit which being on AM is pretty unlistenable on a normal radio.
    For speech I find the built-in speakers adequate and for music, I've a set of Creative speakers I bought a few years ago - cost about £50 but pretty good sound quality for the money. I've spent serious money on hi-fi over the years but I can't honestly say that it was really much better than the pretty basic set-up I'm using now.

Are you crazy CJC?

Ive a complete technics stack made up of amp, equalizer, cd, tape deck, and tuner. The amp is 200W rms which is run to a pair of 250w skytec speakers.. i run my laptop through the auxilery and play anything through this set up.. it produces a much fuller sound and has the capacity to play loudly if need be.. The technics set up is pretty old now but it works like a dream and i would never see this sold!!
    I do however consider myself a bit of a sound freak and have all of this along with a LG surround sound and another pair of 400w skytec speakers..

My car has also had the sound system tweaked to say the least!
  • PAMDILL
    Options
    Esme wrote: »
    Hi Padmill, I like dance music. Have listened to internet radio before as some of my friends have slots. Is he on any week days? Do you have a link to the page?
    www.dancefmonline.co.uk

Ian is on a Thursday night between 8 and 9pm
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i love dance music thanks for the link!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    Are you crazy CJC?

Ive a complete technics stack made up of amp, equalizer, cd, tape deck, and tuner. The amp is 200W rms which is run to a pair of 250w skytec speakers.. i run my laptop through the auxilery and play anything through this set up.. it produces a much fuller sound and has the capacity to play loudly if need be.. The technics set up is pretty old now but it works like a dream and i would never see this sold!!
    I do however consider myself a bit of a sound freak and have all of this along with a LG surround sound and another pair of 400w skytec speakers..

My car has also had the sound system tweaked to say the least!

ok ive worked it out who this guy is - hes the one off the comedy programme you know the annoying one with the massive big black mobile who screams a lot. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    ok ive worked it out who this guy is - hes the one off the comedy programme you know the annoying one with the massive big black mobile who screams a lot. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

_1144917_dom_joly150pa.jpg

"Hello darling, I'm going to be late home"
  • A-Vic
    Options

yeah thats the one
  • SeanyBoy
    Options

"Hello darling, I'm going to be late home"

In my better days......
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just wondering when your contracts up ? You could be due an upgrade.

I know I said I needed a new phone but that takes the p**s !!

Oh yeah...thanks for the link mate ill have a listen.
Privacy Policy