Famous people you've met/would like to meet?

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I met the bloke who played Kryton in Red Dwarf....and I also went to school with the nephew (or cousin of the nephew?) of Michael Barrymore.....

Pretty lame 'celebrity' encounters them :thumbdown:

I'd like to meet Michael Caine......not sure why, just would.

So, who have you met and who would you like to meet?

*C'mon, bare with me, I only have two days of freedom left :crying:*
Β«1

Comments

• Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Does Westlife count? :confused1: Please bare in mind i was 14 and completely 'in love' with Brian! :tongue_smilie:
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I have met Peter Reid, Bruce Grobalaar (awful spelling i know), Mark Wright, Alan Kennedy, John Barnes and Jason McAteer at a five a side footy tournament and we even had McAteer play for our team in the first game.

Have met many ex players at sportmans dinners and John Aldridge and Jan Molby are two of the funniest and most genuine ex players doing the circuits although Matt LeTissier was quite good too.

Also shook hands with Steve Gerard in a nightclub in Preston but that was only a year or two after he had made the first team.

Sorry there all footy related. Have seen a few soap celebs while shopping at Trafford Centre but they dont interest me.
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    groundy wrote: Β»
    I have met Peter Reid, Bruce Grobalaar (awful spelling i know), Mark Wright, Alan Kennedy, John Barnes and Jason McAteer at a five a side footy tournament and we even had McAteer play for our team in the first game.

Have met many ex players at sportmans dinners and John Aldridge and Jan Molby are two of the funniest and most genuine ex players doing the circuits although Matt LeTissier was quite good too.

Also shook hands with Steve Gerard in a nightclub in Preston but that was only a year or two after he had made the first team.

Sorry there all footy related. Have seen a few soap celebs while shopping at Trafford Centre but they dont interest me.

I met the late great Stanley Matthews at a five a side tournament when I was about twelve.

Also had the cheeky girls with a minder and there mom sitting behind us in a restaurant in Newquay!

Saw Stan Collymore in Tesco to, but no great shock, as he is a local lad and we went to the same school!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Met Margaret Thatcher before she was PM, some of the double European Cup winning Forest team from the late seventies/early eighties (I've actually touched the European Cup - more than John Terry'll ever do!) and Chris Gascoigne who plays Peter Barlow in Corrie was an acquaintance of mine at school.
  • LondonMatt
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    Does Westlife count? :confused1: Please bare in mind i was 14 and completely 'in love' with Brian! :tongue_smilie:

I don't blame ya, good looking lad that Brian....:001_unsure:

20031118_bryan_westlife.jpg
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Martin Fry from ABC came to my first wedding, must have been a bad omen :laugh:
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    I was friends with Amr Zaki on facebook, but he must have deleted me when he realised he didnt know me!! :mad2:

AAhhh, just read the word 'encouters' :lol: oh well, i've wrote it now!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    I was friends with Amr Zaki on facebook, but he must have deleted me when he realised he didnt know me!! :mad2:

AAhhh, just read the word 'encouters' :lol: oh well, i've wrote it now!!

I have chris moyles on my face book and have also played poker with him on there (took 1 k off him hehe) as well as wirzel gumage (dont ask)

Ive dropped a pint over lee sharp, met ince.

seen ant and dec went to school with Bobby balls daughter

my fav was drummer from old 80's group heart (not knowing who he was at the time) after a gig was standing next to the tour coach so i took a short cut and walked right passed it said sorry its to far to walk round am fat to him and carried on walking (bearing in mind i was a little typsy and thought he was security) oopppps :lol::lol::lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Tony from The Bill...

Soloman Kalou... John Obi Mikel...

Thats about it...
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Worked with Eddie Reader's dad for nearly 6 years so I met her a couple of times when she was up in Scotland.

Met Jim Kerr from Simple Minds once as I ran in the same group as his wee brother back in the mid 80's.

Went to the same school as Liz McGolgan
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Liz McColgan's mother and my mother are first cousins, (Murphys from Portarlington).

I went to the same school, Rochdale Convent, as Kieran Prendeville, he wrote Ballykissangel and appeared on That's Life and Tomorrows World.

I was born on the same street as Julie Goodyear from Coronation Street. She dated our solicitor.

I lived in the next street to the twin actors who are in Emmerdale Farm and Shameless.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    Liz McColgan's mother and my mother are first cousins, (Murphys from Portarlington).

I went to the same school, Rochdale Convent, as Kieran Prendeville, he wrote Ballykissangel and appeared on That's Life and Tomorrows World.

I was born on the same street as Julie Goodyear from Coronation Street. She dated our solicitor.

I lived in the next street to the twin actors who are in Emmerdale Farm and Shameless.

Is that the name of the school or the place where it is?
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Did a gig with Dave Lee Travers ( in Wem in Shropshire) in the 70's, also met The Troggs, Tremeloes, Slade, Hot Chocolate, Sweet Sensation....all groups who played on camp when I was in the RAF. Met With the late Roger Moffat when he appeared on Radio Hallam in Sheffield and was on his show a couple of times, also Keith Skeues.
    Also met and spoke with "The Egyptian Shopkeeper" ( Al Fayed) as he calls himself in his little shop in London(Harrods), saw Pete Waterman there the same day.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Ok, here goes - not as good as some of the posts but......

Had a kiss from Jason Donovan when he played Frank 'n' Furter in the Rocky Horror Show (my other half nicked his rayban sunglasses but thats a different story), and I am a huge fan of the Wonder Stuff (don't suppose anyone knows who they are), but met Miles Hunt and Erica Nockels a few times last year whilst they were touring, and I have a very nice picture taken with them on my mobile.
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    "Is that the name of the school or the place where it is"

Years ago that was what the school was called. I believe it has changed its name to Beechwood Convent?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    columbia wrote: Β»
    Ok, here goes - not as good as some of the posts but......

Had a kiss from Jason Donovan when he played Frank 'n' Furter in the Rocky Horror Show (my other half nicked his rayban sunglasses but thats a different story), and I am a huge fan of the Wonder Stuff (don't suppose anyone knows who they are), but met Miles Hunt and Erica Nockels a few times last year whilst they were touring, and I have a very nice picture taken with them on my mobile.
    'The Wonder Stuff' are they the band who did 'whole of the moon'?
  • Paul24
    PAMDILL wrote: Β»
    'The Wonder Stuff' are they the band who did 'whole of the moon'?

Another wonder stuff fan - superb!!

Local Lads, never loved Elvis :001_smile:
  • columbia
    No Pamdill, that would be the Waterboys!!! (I think??)

Paul24 are you really a stuffie????

Most people only remember the appalling cover of Dizzy sang with Vic Reeves, or Size of a Cow which must be the only other single that any radio station owns!!!!
  • LondonMatt
    I notice no-one has mentioned who they would like to meet....?
  • columbia
    I would like to meet me, after I have taken next months exams and travelled back in time to reassure myself that I will pass!!! Corny I know, but I have been awake since 4am thinking about the exams, think my brain has gone into meltdown.........

ps I know I'm not famous but perhaps one day I will be!
  • Paul24
    No Pamdill, that would be the Waterboys!!! (I think??)

Paul24 are you really a stuffie????

Most people only remember the appalling cover of Dizzy sang with Vic Reeves, or Size of a Cow which must be the only other single that any radio station owns!!!!

Yeah I am, I remember my old man having the never loved elvis LP which got me into them. Welcome to the cheap seats etc... and they are wolvo lads arent they?
  • Paul24
    I notice no-one has mentioned who they would like to meet....?

Stephen Fry, Bob Dylan, Shane Macgowan, Im sure there would be more, but they are the ones that spring to mind
  • columbia
    Yeah Paul they come from around that way.

We are going to see them at JD's in Dudley next month. It's a real dive, low ceilings, sticky floors and quite small. It's fantastic and the best sort of venue for their gigs - can't wait! Saw them on the eight legged groove machine's 20th anniversary tour last year, I was in the front row and I honestly didn't have my feet on the floor for most of the show as I was totally pinned against the barrier and was thrown around - what fun!
  • groundy
    Met Michaela Strachan and Pete Waterman while they were filming "The Hit man and her" (Anyone remeber that one) at our local nightclub.

Gary McAllister picked up my scarf after Liverpool beat Arsenal 2-1 in Owens cup final and then appeared on Match of the Day with it still on (Does that count).

Many years ago had the whole Coventry City squad stop (Back when strachan was manager) and watch our Sunday League match for half an hour while on their way to Blackburn for a premiership match and even got a good save remark from a few of the players just before conceding on the follow up, oh well.:laugh:
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    I met DJ EZ (Pure garage)in Ibiza and have seen Dale Winton in London...(Not 1 of my greatest moments)

I would love to meet Quentin Tarantino and Jim Rohn (Motivational speaker).
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    played footy with marcus ebdon a everton player in the late 80's early 90s...

just when he got released by everton, he came to central park with a few of his team mates and played every week against him....

other than that ....never really met anyone else famous....tranmere legionnnn steve mugall in asda in liscard !!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I used to live on the same street as Robbie Williams in the early days of Take That when he still lived with his Mum, then he started stalking me. He followed me to a little village in Cheshire then down to Devon, but then got lost and went to America...

My Mum once complained because he went in ahead of us at the doctors :001_rolleyes:

Also nearly crashed into Noel Edmonds and Jennifer Saunders because they were driving way too fast in the country lanes, and we've driven past Ralph Harris after he ran some kid over
  • columbia
    Rolph Harris ran a kid over????.....
  • groundy

No it was his brother Ralph:lol:
  • LondonMatt