watch you lisening too at the momment

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Myself just sorted and alphtised all my ablums (bad revision session lol) and found urban hymes by the verve that has to be one of my fav although am lisening to the kings of leon's only by the night and stephonics decade in the sun.

Jumping a little on matt's band wagon if pos name your fav album of all time! and what your currently lisening too.

Comments

• Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Not listening to anything at the moment but my favourite album of all time is Embrace- Out of Nothing :001_smile: That album and a glass of wine is the ultimate chill out for me.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    The best of "Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac", with Albatross, Green Manalishi, Oh Well, Man of the World etc
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    Not listening to anything at the moment but my favourite album of all time is Embrace- Out of Nothing :001_smile: That album and a glass of wine is the ultimate chill out for me.

Superb choice i've listened to that quite a bit recently. Well into Kings of Leon at the moment and my NME best of albums.

Also sorted my CD collection recently and started listening to Verve (classic) and found Sense by Lighting Seeds (great feel good CD).
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Albums I can listen to again and again are "Black Metal" by Venom and "Reign In Blood" by Slayer... metal classics...

... thanks to unlimited MP3 downloads I'm currently listening to Opeth, Exodus and Machine Head.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Albums I can listen to again and again are "Black Metal" by Venom and "Reign In Blood" by Slayer... metal classics...

... thanks to unlimited MP3 downloads I'm currently listening to Opeth, Exodus and Machine Head.

goes without saying
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Currently doing it for me are..

F*ck Butttons- Street Horrsing Ecstatic noise/electronica/post-rock/whatever YouTube

Locrian - Drenched Lands Mesmerisming drone wth doom metal touches YouTube

Graw -This Face Full-on doom metal fun from ex-Khanate man Alan Dubin and pals

Sebastian Lexer & Seymour Wright Compelling minimalist free improv from two rising stars of the avant garde.

As for favourite albums, too many to list but would certainly include stuff by Pere Ubu/David Thomas, Cocteau Twins, John Cale, Derek Bailey and a bunch of other people you've no-doubt never heard of.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Myself just sorted and alphtised all my ablums (bad revision session lol) and found urban hymes by the verve that has to be one of my fav although am lisening to the kings of leon's only by the night and stephonics decade in the sun.

I've also been listening to Kings of Leons new album. Was listening to Glasvegas recently, some odd lyrics in there, lol.

Quite like a couple of VV Browns stuff, though she hasn't had an album released yet
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Listening to Van Morrison Astral Weeks at the mo. All time favorite album is a really toughy. The mood I am in at the mo probably Ray LaMontagne Trouble or possibly The Stone Roses , never fails to cheer me up
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    With the new Green Day tour and album on the way, I've been revisiting their back catalogue; "Kerplunk", "Dookie", "Nimrod".

And I dug out System of a Down's "Toxicity" for some reason.

Have to agree with the Verve and Stereophonics.

For replay value, I still listen to "Meat is Murder" by the Smiths, "Nevermind" by Nirvana and "Automatic for the People" by REM on a pretty regular basis.
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    MJ.. Shamone mutha f*cka!!!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    well its got to be wigan pier .......
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oasis are being played a lot at the moment, lookin forward to seeing them next month in Manc.

Favourite album is a tough one, Nirvana - Bleach probably. Black Sabbath self titled, Bob Dylan - Blood on the tracks, to many to really pick one out.

At the moment Im listening to a lot of Dylan, Nick Drake, Kinks are always in or around. Pogues Red Roses for Me would be up there to. Quite a variety I suppose. I think Led Zeppellin are up there in my top ten bands, although that is another very tough short list to compile.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    well its got to be wigan pier .......

Have you ever been to Wigan Pier? It's a 14 year olds drug den :lol:

But for some reason i also love the CD! :thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    Have you ever been to Wigan Pier? It's a 14 year olds drug den :lol:

But for some reason i also love the CD! :thumbup1:

never been ......but the music is top notch !
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Got to be...

the Kaisers newest album,

Queen,

Mac lethal,

and that HOUSE OF COMMONS FAVOURITE : Hey big spenders !!:blushing:
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I quite like lady gaga at the moment, although she is a bit strange talking to teacups and that!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lorraine wrote: Β»
    I quite like lady gaga at the moment, although she is a bit strange talking to teacups and that!

you say that like its strange ? i have intermate convo's with my coffee cup? ok i do think its time to switch to decaff :lol:
Privacy Policy