Now the end is near - How is everyone feeling?

Options
Chris023
Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everybody

So alot of people here only have one or two exams in June and then we are finished!

How does it feel?

For me, I can't believe that I have nearly finished. 2 years of hard work (for some people 3 or more in the case of foundation & resits.

I am fretting and am nervous over the impending exams but I can finally see the end of the tunnel, I did not think I would get here. I don't want to do ACCA at the moment. I might change my mind after a year or so but def not now. I want my Tues and Thurs evenings back and to not worry about having to study for this or that

A big pat on the back to everyone

I just hope that employers recognise all our efforts

Comments

• jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Although I glad I will finish in 2 months with 2 exams, I'm really starting to hate accountancy as a profession. it may be becaue I've never been able to pin down a professional job and hope this qualification will help me so. I will not study further after this until I get a permanent job. I've paid for the whole course out my own pocket and cannot sacrifice further to give myself a chance of getting a permenet job. I've done temp jobs for 6 years but the office blame game, being a victim of arrogance, and listing to consultants "we'll find you a job" garbage is all you get from it. I can't wait to finish this. At least I can focus on finding work after.
  • Chris023
    Options
    Hi Jay

like you I have paid for this course out of my own money. Even if I wanted to carry on, I could not afford to. I also work in accounts and have done so for the last 7 years since leaving school. Accounts is all I know. I am starting to get bored/uninterested in it though. After I finish the AAT I am going to have to review what I really want to do
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know Chris. AAT is just draining financially, physically (I lose gym time from going to class), socially and mentally(PEV & DFS past papers!). Just a thought. Does AAT qualified count as part CCAB qualified or part qualified ?
  • Chris023
    Options
    I have looked before to see if AAT Technician counts as being part qualified but so far have not found a definitive answer.

I guess it doesn't officially as you have to pass so many modules from one of the big accountancy bodies.

I don't know what modules are exempt from doing ACCA & I have a feeling those exempt modules are not enough to be part-qualifed under ACCA standards or any other accountancy body.

I have noticed though that a lot of accountancy job descriptions who are after a part qualifed also put AAT qualified in as well
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Chris023 wrote: »
    I have looked before to see if AAT Technician counts as being part qualified but so far have not found a definitive answer.

I guess it doesn't officially as you have to pass so many modules from one of the big accountancy bodies.

I don't know what modules are exempt from doing ACCA & I have a feeling those exempt modules are not enough to be part-qualifed under ACCA standards or any other accountancy body.

I have noticed though that a lot of accountancy job descriptions who are after a part qualifed also put AAT qualified in as well

I have always been led to believe that once you have passed a level of a professional qualification you are considered part qualified. Whether this includes the first level that you may be exempt from is open to debate. Never had a definitive answer myself.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hello EveryBody
    I am also in the same boat as you people are but my scenerio is more worst just because of one Unit 33 Mac i can't put AAT beside my name . I have cleared all the units in first attempt and only this one is holding me from last year very annoying .I am feeling very low and dont know why i fear i can not do this seriosuly this unit is getting on my nerves . I hope so every body including me will get a big PASS in august this year Good Luck Every One

Umer Ali
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have 3 exams to do (DFS-MAC-BTC Diploma pathways) and definately I don't want to do anything after, the AAT is enough for me.

It's time to find a better job and gets money
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I've almost completed the AAT and am not sure how I'm going to continue onto ACCA.

The cost of ACCA courses are unbelieveable and I've not had too much look on the job front either.

I don't know what anyone else thinks but I sometimes get the impression the AAT is not very well respected in the employment market.

Practical experience appears to be the name of the game.

Also basic accounts jobs are pretty poorly paid too. I used to earn a lot more as an civil servant plus there was not the stress of studying.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    mark057 wrote: »
    I don't know what anyone else thinks but I sometimes get the impression the AAT is not very well respected in the employment market.

Practical experience appears to be the name of the game.

I think the same, the job adverts where the AAT is required are only for assistant positions, but rarely on a higher ones.
Privacy Policy