Rolling Budget

PAMDILL
PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
I can't find anything in my Kaplan study text about rolling budgets. I sawthem mentioned in the Chief assessor's report on December exams.

I wondered if anyone can confirm what they are, I think it means that you assess the budget at set intervals and adjust for current figures based on actuals for the current period compared to budget figures.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Basically it is a budget that always forecasts twelve months (or any other set period) ahead. So it isnt just for a calendar or financial year.

Paul.
  • PAMDILL
    Paul24 wrote: »
    Basically it is a budget that always forecasts twelve months (or any other set period) ahead. So it isnt just for a calendar or financial year.

Paul.
    If it always forecast 12 months then do you adjust it at the end of each month to account for the actuals of the month you have just finished and add a 12th month back on at the end?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    if you pm your fax number, i can fax you through a copy of my bpp book if that is ny help.

Tracy
  • PAMDILL
    taskey wrote: »
    if you pm your fax number, i can fax you through a copy of my bpp book if that is ny help.

Tracy
    Just doing that - ta!
Privacy Policy