How many years to become Chartered

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
After you have completed the AAT can anyone tell me how many more years it takes to become a Chartered Accountant?

Thanks

Julie:001_smile:

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    After you have completed the AAT can anyone tell me how many more years it takes to become a Chartered Accountant?

Thanks

Julie:001_smile:

Also what is the difference between a Chartered Accountant and an Accounting Technician (apart from more qualifications) Is it that if you are Chartered you can do Auditing? People ask me this but I am not sure.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Also what is the difference between a Chartered Accountant and an Accounting Technician (apart from more qualifications) Is it that if you are Chartered you can do Auditing? People ask me this but I am not sure.
    Julie have a look at the ICAS website they have a lot of information on there.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It can take between 2-4 years to become chartered after doing AAT realistically.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

The only difference is that you have to be Chartered to Audit.
    Any MAAT can be an accountant in general practice.

If you are looking to be employed as opposed to working for yourself, then Chartereds get paid more....
Privacy Policy