PCR Exam June 2009

Options
Rhianmusic
Rhianmusic Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I am sitting the PCR exam in June, but I keep reading on this forum that they are going to test us on ECR subjects, does anyone have anymore information what might be in the paper relating to ECR ie: net present value etc.

I am studying from home so don't have access to a tutor to find out this sort of information.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Rhian,

NPV is basically Cost - Depreciation! Google it! :lol:
  • Rhianmusic
    Rhianmusic Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thanks, I have looked up NPV can remember bits of it from when I sat the ECR exam, but will any other parts of ECR crop up in the PCR exam, basically is there anything else from ECR that I need to look at and refresh my memory on for the PCR exam
  • Marg22
    Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Rhian

Make sure that you understand time series analysis. You need to be able to explain it and also do the necessary workings.

Marg
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    The PCR exam will only examine the content of the PCR standards
    ECR does include fixed and variable costs - semi variables and stepped costs
    These appear in PCR but only because they are part of PCR not because they are in ECR
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jody m
    jody m Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    npv is nothng to do with cost and depreciation thats NBV net book value. Net present value is The difference between the present value of cash inflows and the present value of cash outflows. NPV is used in capital budgeting to analyze the profitability of an investment or project. maybe you should have googled it!
Privacy Policy