bowing out

Options
jkc
jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
not ready for the exam I guess so I am withdrawing doing some study over summer and try again next year.

Comments

• Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    why not sit the exam anyway, you never know !!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have you already paid for it? if so why not go for it anyway like grey said - you never know you might suprise yourself
  • lori
    lori Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    i would definately sit the exams if you sit the exam and don't pass then you've lost nothing if your planning on not sitting it anyway - go on give it a go - i don't feel 100% confident either but i'll give a my best shot - good luck whatever you decide to do
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I agree .. don't give up now ... why let your hard work go to waste ! Its worth giving a go ... glass half full attitude !!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i have felt like that before and again feel like it now for the 2 i am sitting.

go along, do the exam - you will get the experience of the exam situation and you never know.

give it a go, we have all been there.

give it your best

Tracy
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Im feeling exactly the same about ecr. Im just doing as many past papers as poss and hoping for the best. As others said before, go along, if you've paid already you have nothing to lose and you may suprise yourself!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi

I feel for you. I go through this thought process everytime, and I will admit that I have paid for 4 exams and not sat them at the time, and afterwards when I saw the papers I could have kicked myself for not trying.

I have doubted myself this week, I have 3 exams DFS, PCR and PEV and perhaps like me you would sooner not take the exams than get a failure, but I have told myself that this time I will sit them all and hopefully surprise myself by passing.

What exam is causing you problems??? Can we help you to change your mind??
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I was going to hold off on PCR as had not even looked at it up to a couple of weeks ago but figured it was gong to cost me ยฃ50 to defer sitting it or ยฃ43 to sit it so just went for sitting it.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    Im feeling exactly the same about ecr. Im just doing as many past papers as poss and hoping for the best. As others said before, go along, if you've paid already you have nothing to lose and you may suprise yourself!

Hey Jow

I must have done all the past papers at least three times now you dont know of anywhere i can get anymore do you?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Hey Jow

I must have done all the past papers at least three times now you dont know of anywhere i can get anymore do you?

Hello you......

How are you.....come on believe in yourself....you WILL do it!! i have every faith in you :thumbup::thumbup:

Have you asked your tutor...sometimes they have older ones that are no longer on the wesite from previous tutors.

kind regards

di
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hello you......

How are you.....come on believe in yourself....you WILL do it!! i have every faith in you :thumbup::thumbup:

Have you asked your tutor...sometimes they have older ones that are no longer on the wesite from previous tutors.

kind regards

di

Hey there stranger LTNC how you been? :001_smile:

Yeah hes been pretty good but am gulity of not pacing myself and i rushed them.

Think i might just work from the book this weekend :thumbup1:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    vic, just keep doing the past papers - i remember i did them time after time until i was confident of what i knew.

tracy
  • A-Vic
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    vic, just keep doing the past papers - i remember i did them time after time until i was confident of what i knew.

tracy

Thanks Tracy

Will Do
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Hey there stranger LTNC how you been? :001_smile:

Yeah hes been pretty good but am gulity of not pacing myself and i rushed them.

Think i might just work from the book this weekend :thumbup1:

I am fine thankyou...when is your exam?
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi A-Vic,

I know the feeling, lol. I think once you've done them once you remember the answers if you do them again. I havent got any others, I have a couple of sims and a mock exam. If you havent got that I can scan it at work, but that wont be til next weds now. Pm me if you want me to do that or email you the sims.

Jo
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I am fine thankyou...when is your exam?

Week on monday and still not very confident but gonna try :001_smile:
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    big thanks

hey
    thanks everyone for your support, its brilliant, I will keep on working untill the last min
    and see how I feel about the exam. struggling with depreciation the middle bits June o6 fra and it seems like every calculation I need to look at the answers and every calculation I do is incorrect, its not good. I possibly need to work like crazy over summer and retake in december.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Remember the exams are competence based, you don't have to get every answer perfectly correct. As long as you show your workings and follow through with your answers you might surprise yourself!
Privacy Policy