Hayman

Options
Hayman
Hayman Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
Dreaded PEV!!!
Hi Guys

I always struggle with my concentration with the last 2 questions of the exams and wondered of anyone else has this problem and how do they overcome it! I am thinking of doing section 2 first and then completing section 1 as I seem to pass section 1 but never section 2. (This being my second resit).

Your help and guidance would be appreciated.
:001_smile:

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    How have you been working through the past papers?

If you find that doing section2 has worked for you and your concentration levels are better maybe it would be a good idea to do that.
  • Hayman
    Options
    Hi Jorja

At the moment I am working through the past papers in order. But I know when I am in the exam that I always struggle with 2.2 and 2.3. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I know several people who whilst reading through the paper make a note of the ratios that they know and remeber before the dreaded panic sets in when they get to the question. I have done this and did find it helped as I could just look back to the note i made and pick the numbers i needed.

I am not very strong on the section2 of PEV - I had such a problem last time with S1 that i foolishly relegated S2 now things are a bit fuzzy with all the calucations that need to be done.

It is the old classic though Hayman...practice practice practice. :thumbup1:

Cant wait until Monday at 12 when PEV can be relegated to the bottom shelf of my bookcase :lol:
  • Hayman
    Options
    Hi Jorja

I am ok with the ratios, it is the section when you have to work out from information how to set out your workings like Turbines (the bain of my life). Or NPV which I studied for 1 day back in intermediate. This is my last exam and like you I can't wait for it to be over!!

Good luck everybody and I hope the examiner is kind to us!!
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hayman wrote: »
    Dreaded PEV!!!
    Hi Guys

I always struggle with my concentration with the last 2 questions of the exams and wondered of anyone else has this problem and how do they overcome it! I am thinking of doing section 2 first and then completing section 1 as I seem to pass section 1 but never section 2. (This being my second resit).

Your help and guidance would be appreciated.
    :001_smile:

I always find that my concentration starts to go midway through exams because my blood sugar has dropped slightly and other poeple on my course say that they lose concentration when they are hungry- maybe you need to take some sweets into the exam with you? :tongue_smilie:

On a more serious note, maybe you could start off with section 2 if this is the one you are struggling with?
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I always take a cereal bar in and open it before the exam (to avoid annoying noises) and munch on that. I've never been told off!!
  • Hayman
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. One of my colleagues drank red bull maybe I should try that and the cereal bar and sweets, then hopefully I will pass this exam!!!:001_smile:
  • heartsandstars
    Options
    ^^Definately open it before the exam gets started! :laugh:

I remember in the Dec sitting someone trying to open a bag of Haribo - trying to do it slowly which made it even noisier than it would have been if they just ripped the bag open!
  • Hayman
    Options
    I promise I will open it before the exam!! As I would not like to distract the other people who are taken the exam with me. I do think I suffer from low sugar levels and then I get stressed.

Can anyone suggest any good sweets that are not noisy and will help to even out my sugar levels?:001_smile:
  • heartsandstars
    Options
    This thread is making me think of sweets now! :laugh:

I like the rowntree's randoms that they have out now - or starburst!
  • Hayman
    Options
    I will try those!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained and on monday after 13.00, I will tell you if they worked!!!
  • heartsandstars
    Options
    Please don't kill me if it doesn't work!
  • Hayman
    Options
    I promise I won't!! But I tell you what how much work i have put into this exam and all the sacrifices i make to study if I don't pass now I will never pass!!

This exam has been my nemisis!!
  • heartsandstars
    Options
    I feel that way about DFS, i am bricking it!!
  • Hayman
    Options
    Why do we do this!! to ourselves!

Good Good Luck with DFS!! When are you taking your exam?
  • heartsandstars
    Options
    Wednesday.

Doing PEV and PCR though as I am finishing at the place I am in August and not sure if I will get funding in my next place.

Good Luck with PEV - hope you nail it this time! :)
Privacy Policy