PCR & PEV past paper questions are at time vague

Options
karenv
karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Been working though past papers and I have noticed that some of the questions on the papers are badly worded.
Just doing PCR december 2006 and the question in1.1 e asks
for direct labour hours budget for each of the four periods...so you begin to work out standard hour and overtime per period. As instructed.. only to find the answer groups all four periods together to work out over time etc.
ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING.
Anyone else found the same or am I dumb?

Comments

• Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Definitely not dumb - otherwise that would make two of us ! Did the PCR and PEV in December and I found I was getting the two papers mixed up and misunderstanding things - probably why I am resitting the PEV next week !
    It does get easier with more readings ... Good luck ...
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks Karen.
    I did wonder if I was confusing the two papers.....
    Good luck to you too!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    nope yor are completely right there?
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    It is almost as if it is written as the thought comes into the examiners head.

Rather than spelling it out (not an unreasonable request seen as we have 3 1/4 hours 2 do rather large papers and do not find out where we went wrong even if it was a poorly structured question), so it is easier to structure our answers

Definately not daft though
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If you look through the papers there are a few errors over the years with questions and answers and funny wording that makes no sense!
Privacy Policy