Dfs -tips post

Options
2»

Comments

• lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I have just remember the assets too but remembering liabilities is harder. Theres too many words.
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well I have cut out all written task answers to the last 6 papers and collated them - Alot of them are repeated - I have written my self a load of notes/ratio calculations on flash cards and have printed out one more paper to tinker with this evening at home - If I don't know it now I never will - Good luck everyone - See you all back here tomorrow :thumbup1: :thumbup:
  • Liliana
    Liliana Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Completely agree!!! I struggle with the definitions that have to be written almost word by word... but i am ok (i think and i hope!) with the explanation of ratios, etc...
    Oh gosh!!! Can't wait for tomorrow to be over!!!!
    Can't wait to completely relax!!!! Until August, of course!!!!
  • NickyW
    NickyW Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know they say not to try and second guess what will be on the papers - but as far as I can see a consolidated income statement has not come up for a while and a consolidated statement with an associate has never come up!
    What do you think!!
  • renae
    renae Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hoping that it won't...don't know how to do either of those!!!!!
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There was a consolidated income statement in the June 2007 exam so i'm going to do that tonight to make sure!

As for a consolidated statement with an associate i'm just going to keep my fingers crossed cus i've never done one!!

Ampsie
    :001_smile:
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    NickyW wrote: »
    I know they say not to try and second guess what will be on the papers - but as far as I can see a consolidated income statement has not come up for a while and a consolidated statement with an associate has never come up!
    What do you think!!

good point!I will practise them both just in case!
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    What is a consolidated statement with an associate?
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I just thought - i've never seen them put unrealised profit in the consolidated questions either -

I hope that doesn't come up as it ALWAYS confuses me!

Ampsie
  • NickyW
    NickyW Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Please don't panic - it is in my Kaplan book (I am a distance learner) and because it is there I presume that you have to learn it!! However sometimes they put things in which are not examinable - I will check.
  • Londina
    Options
    Payable ratio, is:

creditors/purchase or
    creditors/cost of sales?:confused1:
  • Liliana
    Liliana Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It can be both, if you don't have the purchases figure we use cost of sales instead!
  • Londina
    Options
    Liliana wrote: »
    It can be both, if you don't have the purchases figure we use cost of sales instead!

cheers
  • lucy1988
    Options
    For task 1.2 in June 2007 does the proformas have the discontinued operations part at the end of the income statement because i cant open up the file. or do you just have to remember to take it off??
  • lala2009
    lala2009 Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hiya Lucy

there is a heading for loss from discontinued operations so you can just put the figure against that heading :D
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Good Luck Every body taking this exam .. To be quite honest this is the easiest paper in diploma level .. If u dont balance any thing dont worry i didnt balance any thing but still passed .. Make sure u dont waste your time in balancing a specific task . carry on the next task nd come back on that task later on if u have time
  • Londina
    Options
    Good Luck Every body taking this exam .. To be quite honest this is the easiest paper in diploma level .. If u dont balance any thing dont worry i didnt balance any thing but still passed .. Make sure u dont waste your time in balancing a specific task . carry on the next task nd come back on that task later on if u have time

thanks for the advice, will do in this way and hope not too many things are tested!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    thanks for the advice, will do in this way and hope not too many things are tested!

U r welcome .. Good Luck
  • lucy1988
    Options
    Did you do all the written questions?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    yes i did but i aint bothered if my any thing balanced or not becoz my tutor told me that they mark the principals not the actual figures of course if u balance every thing it gives u an extra setisfection but a frnd ov mine balanced every thing in section 1 but aint wrote the report on ratios quite well he failed in section 2
  • lucy1988
    Options
    I think im going to struggle with section 2. Im ok with section 1.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    lucy1988 wrote: »
    I think im going to struggle with section 2. Im ok with section 1.

u will be orite make sure u know each ratios formulaes by heart then comment on them on the basis of the ratio u have calculated
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yes i did but i aint bothered if my any thing balanced or not becoz my tutor told me that they mark the principals not the actual figures of course if u balance every thing it gives u an extra setisfection but a frnd ov mine balanced every thing in section 1 but aint wrote the report on ratios quite well he failed in section 2

u will be orite make sure u know each ratios formulaes by heart then comment on them on the basis of the ratio u have calculated

Do you write like this in exams?

If not, could you do those of us who are over 12 a favour and write in English on here as well? It makes communication so much easier.

Thanks
  • JbIZ
    JbIZ Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Guru wrote: »

If not, could you do those of us who are over 12 a favour and write in English on here as well? It makes communication so much easier.

Thanks

Its a forum! Write whatever you want!

Hope everyone does ok tomorrow (Not to great - need a low pass rate) :tongue_smilie:

One question - when was the last time discountinued operations on the income statment came up in an exam? Whats the chances?

New Chief assessor on the DFS paper who has made it clear that the written parts of the exam are important. DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SPELLING OR GRAMMAR (GURU) Its more important to show that we understand the concept. Use the words "Due to" as many times as you can!!

JbIZ
  • Guru
    Options
    JbIZ wrote: »
    Its a forum! Write whatever you want!

Hope everyone does ok tomorrow (Not to great - need a low pass rate) :tongue_smilie:

One question - when was the last time discountinued operations on the income statment came up in an exam? Whats the chances?

New Chief assessor on the DFS paper who has made it clear that the written parts of the exam are important. DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SPELLING OR GRAMMAR (GURU) Its more important to show that we understand the concept. Use the words "Due to" as many times as you can!!

JbIZ

I'd rather write it well and know I'll be understood, but using the principle you used in brackets, u rite in txtspk coz it givz me beta chance, innit.:001_tongue:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't worry about the new assessor. He can word it as different as he wants but the principles of the paper will still remain the same.
  • Guru
    Options
    Good point.

It's still a consolidation exercise, drafting an income statement & balance sheet, some sort of cashflow statement exercise, a bit of analysis and some proof of understanding of a couple of IAS.

All will be well.
  • Guru
    Options
    Good point.

It's still a consolidation exercise, drafting an income statement & balance sheet, some sort of cashflow statement exercise, a bit of analysis and some proof of understanding of a couple of IAS.

All will be well.

Told you so.

No worries.
  • umerali2003
    Options

Thanks

Firstly I dont use text speech in the exam ... Secondly its not written in chinese that you cant understand no body have every complained about this before . I think there is a problem with your spectacles :lol:
  • Guru
    Options
    Firstly I dont use text speech in the exam ...

Why not?
Privacy Policy