DFS Done!

Flipflop
Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
Well thats DFS over with, few hiccups, but think did ok out in 2.5 hours and checked it twice. PCR now!:001_unsure:

Comments

• beansprout64
    beansprout64 Registered Posts: 29 Regular contributor ⭐
    DFS was great! Everything balanced in section 1 for me, section 2 was quite nice! In and out in 1 n half hours
  • Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well done, agreed was ok, just doubted myself a little.:001_smile:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Section 1 is definately passed! But I worry about section 2, but I do think I've answered it all well, but a mistake would be a bigger % than it should be!!

Took me about 1.5 hours, think I've passed.
  • JoGreen
    JoGreen Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Everything balanced - wey! Not too great on section 2 though - I forgot gearing so just did something anyway & explained that!:confused1:
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    everthing balanced too, however I couldn't remember interest paid ratio and the impairment question I didn't answer correctly
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Flipflop wrote: »
    Well thats DFS over with, few hiccups, but think did ok out in 2.5 hours and checked it twice. PCR now!:001_unsure:

Same for me.

Really glad DFS is out of the way, it's the one I've struggled with most of all. You watch I'll probably go and fail PCR now!:lol:
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Woooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo

DFS over and done with (fingers crossed)

Everything balanced - Think I have done enough to pass

Well pleased with paper in general :thumbup1:
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Glad I've finished DFS today. All my figures balanced. The second section was straightforward as well. PEV, DFS done thats it for me and AAT. Good luck for everyone who's got exams left. Just the long wait to the results now.
  • Maria24
    Maria24 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Dfs jun09 exams done

HI
    Can you help!:001_smile:

I have done the DFS exams today and althought the only thing I could not reconcilled was my cash flow statement , I had a small diff.
    I cannot remember if in this part there was a question to coment in the cash flow statement. Most probable there was, but I did'nt do it as I got very nervus and I wasted too much time but the only thing I know I did not reconcole was this.
    Can you telll me if we had to write and coment about the cash flow figures, as I don't think I did.
    Will I fail if I did not write the comments if there was any?

This is the only thing I did not reconciled- the other parts I finished all.
    Many thanks
    :001_smile:
  • xamix
    xamix Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    nope you didnt have to comment on the cashflow statement!! it was just a reconciltion and then the actual statement to do :001_smile:
  • Maria24
    Maria24 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    xamix wrote: »
    nope you didnt have to comment on the cashflow statement!! it was just a reconciltion and then the actual statement to do :001_smile:

Oh :001_wub:- you made my day!!! I thought I left this out and I was worring to dead! MANY THANKS

In all past exam papers there was requirement for writing a report and coment on the cash flow operating activities!
  • kls
    kls Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Maria24 wrote: »
    HI
    Can you help!:001_smile:

I have done the DFS exams today and althought the only thing I could not reconcilled was my cash flow statement , I had a small diff.
    I cannot remember if in this part there was a question to coment in the cash flow statement. Most probable there was, but I did'nt do it as I got very nervus and I wasted too much time but the only thing I know I did not reconcole was this.
    Can you telll me if we had to write and coment about the cash flow figures, as I don't think I did.
    Will I fail if I did not write the comments if there was any?

This is the only thing I did not reconciled- the other parts I finished all.
    Many thanks
    :001_smile:

I did DFS in December and couldn't remeber how to do the cash flow at all, put in the figures I knew (about 3 of them) and I stil passed so I wouldn't worry bout it!!
  • Jointy
    Jointy Registered Posts: 78 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi all,

I dont think i answered task 2.2 well. What are the chances of me passing if i did really well on task 2.1 as that was worth 40 mins compared to 15 mins so you would think marks wise there would be more than 60% for task 2.1
  • Guru
    Guru Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Is it the case that you're expected to get 70% (approx) per task, or per section?

I would have thought it's per section, in which case you'll be ok.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
    i couldnt remember anything and had differences. little ones only but stiff differences. better than btc but worse than mac but now doubting that and why i'm even doing this
  • Jointy
    I understand you have to be competent in both sections but i dont think the exam is even. On section 1 i didnt make a mistake and i could fail the exam because i got task 2.2 wrong. It should be a bit more even between the two sections.
  • xamix
    its because section two only counts for 30% of the overall exam and section 1 is 70%
  • goldandblack
    goldandblack Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    hey all,

just one question, what was the correct formula for the 4th ratio in the 2nd section?

was it profit after operation / finance costs?
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    hey all,

just one question, what was the correct formula for the 4th ratio in the 2nd section?

was it profit after operation / finance costs?

Yeah profit before interest (profit from operations) / interest
  • xamix
    interest cover should be.. profit from operations/finance costs ....i hope!!
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Profit from operations (Before int & Tax) / Int - No of times Interest covered by Net profit I think
  • goldandblack
    goldandblack Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    high 5!
  • Jointy
    what did everyone put for current assets and liabilities??
  • hufckinger
    hufckinger Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Jointy wrote: »
    I understand you have to be competent in both sections but i dont think the exam is even. On section 1 i didnt make a mistake and i could fail the exam because i got task 2.2 wrong. It should be a bit more even between the two sections.

i made the same mistakes i feel......but i got all the formula's correct on section two.........anybody feel this is enough to prove competent.....i did write some things in, but alot of it was blabbing on and getting small marks here and there!!!! :confused1:
  • Jointy
    DFS is odd how can we not be competant if we can answer 8 out of 9 tasks but rules are rules
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ive just notived jointy, that you live in my town, where did you sit the exam:001_smile:
  • Jointy
    Big Bird wrote: »
    Ive just notived jointy, that you live in my town, where did you sit the exam:001_smile:

Sat it at kaplan in manchester. What about you?
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Salford college worsley campus
  • Jointy
    A fellow leyther its a small world that we live in
  • Jointy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I dont think i answered task 2.2 well. What are the chances of me passing if i did really well on task 2.1 as that was worth 40 mins compared to 15 mins so you would think marks wise there would be more than 60% for task 2.1

73% I think for 2.1
Privacy Policy