whoop whoop PCR done

Comments

• wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    jfj u me in the same boat. also got losses
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    I got £752500 for my operating profit for 1.2 and I think 1.3 it was a lot less but still a profit.
  • Hayley
    Hayley Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    marie555 wrote: »
    I got 281,040 for first then 1,169,250 for revised:001_unsure:

I got £281,040 for the first one and £1,111,250 for the revised
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    well i got a profit for both 200,000 somthing for normal one and 1.1 mill and somthing for the revised one
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    wolfe wrote: »
    now im really worried . y r all of u getting profits? n only me loss?

I did get a loss but realised I had taken the purchases figure out of the budget and not amended it in line with new sales. Once I did this I got a profit, then a bigger profit after redoing it with the other part of the question. As to see if I am right or wrong who knows!! :confused1:
  • The Master
    The Master Registered Posts: 34 Regular contributor ⭐
    My only major problem was adjusting the indirect costs in question 1 to reach the revised profits for selling all symons to the department store. Anyone else struggle with that?
  • laurlou
    laurlou Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    warehousing was fixed i saw it as you cannt reduce the size of a warehouses running costs just because one product is not going to be there any more. So i dint change it! :s
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hayley wrote: »

that sounds familiar
  • George Tse
    Hayley wrote: »

exactly what i got i fink yea .... i remember now !!
  • koda
    koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Think I got 200k something for the 1st bit then 1.1mil for the revised.... i didn't take out warehousing but just wrote a note saying it was unclear as to whether it should be removed or not but if it should have been taken out altogether, profit would be about 1.3mil. Anyone get anything like that?

I thought it was quite a misleading question actually... and section 1 as whole was soooo long winded!!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    wolfe wrote: »
    ok then section 2 was pretty easy . in section 1 1.1 , 1.2 were good. i got an operating loss . wat worries me is that in the revised calculation i got an even bigger loss. and i didnt know wat to write abt it in the report... but still wrote sumthing. plz dont tell me im wrong abt the loss thing!
    I initially got a loss but it was because I had calculated a figure wrong based on mis- reading.
  • lewpylew
    Well I am glad that is over with. Was really emotional when I came out and feel like I have a frazzled brain. Paper was not too bad but was really intense with lots of info to take in...... Messed up a few bits, but luckily I noticed my mistake so corrected them. Got scribbled bits all over my paper and finished with 5 mins to spare which is so not like me! Roll on August now.....
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    tonitowle wrote: »
    I didnt reduce the warehouse costs eitehr, but i put a note saying i was assuming they were a fixed cost.

I did reduce them because after it said about warehousing costs it said delivery costs would be reduced also.

So I took the wording to mean the warehouse costs would be reduced, but maybe I read too much into it.

I reduced the costs per rata, so divided by the original units and multiplied by the revised unit.

Im sure its wrong but never mind.
  • po1988
    po1988 Registered Posts: 39 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yer i got something like that but the revised one i took out all warehousing and made note. So guess we are maybe close, info was vague dont you think for task 1.3.
  • chrim
    chrim Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    The Master wrote: »
    My only major problem was adjusting the indirect costs in question 1 to reach the revised profits for selling all symons to the department store. Anyone else struggle with that?

I divided cost in to orginal total garments sold then multiplied by the new ones think they were 950000
  • taskey
    even in the past papers the info was vague or very misleading, so i think i went into it with my brain clear
  • George Tse
    warehousing is a fixed cost they put that warehousing costs is not needed but it fixed so it stays the same i fink it in there just to confuse ya but i left the full cost of warehousing in
  • lewpylew
    chrim wrote: »
    i also got profits on both 5ook something and 1mil+ on the other

This is what I got too Chris! Not sure whether we are right or wrong!!
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    yep I think I got the 281 and the 111, I remember the revised being 111 something due to all the 1's
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    it said in the info that warehousing and delivery costs will be avoided as it will go direct to other place :(
    Warehousing and delivery costs only cut out for Symon, still there for Karli. I put in my report that there may end up being spare capacity but if they were negotiating on short term basis then it oculd not be got id of as then it would all have to be brought back
  • taskey
    i left warehousing in as you still need it for the other product
  • tonitowle
    tonitowle Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    I remember that original purchases were
    Symon - £7 per unit

and you were told that purchases went up 5%
    So Symon = £7.35 x 950000 units

= 6982500

If thats right
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    it said in the info that warehousing and delivery costs will be avoided as it will go direct to other place :(

This is why I reduced the warehousing costs just to the amount of the Karli's as I though why would they have put it otherwise? No very well worded!
  • Byrnie
    Byrnie Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    me too!!! felt v unconfident when I came out but better now :001_tt2:
  • JFJ
    JFJ Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    yeah i took the warehouse out as it said that the products wern't going through the warehouse....

But now i remember that there would have been the other product aswell...

I think it was a bit misleading that question... or im a bit thick, probably both actually ( not a good combo ) LOL
  • taskey
    what about part 2???

easy???
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    yes I am pretty sure I remember £7.35
  • lewpylew
    PAMDILL wrote: »
    Warehousing and delivery costs only cut out for Symon, still there for Karli. I put in my report that there may end up being spare capacity but if they were negotiating on short term basis then it oculd not be got id of as then it would all have to be brought back
    I thought this too. I worked it out per unit and then timesed it by the new figures. Found it really confusing as surely the stuff for Karli still needs delivering and storing?! :confused1:
  • Mathew_Hill
    Mathew_Hill Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    marie555 wrote: »
    I got 281,040 for first then 1,169,250 for revised:001_unsure:

Marie...I got £281, 040 too
  • chrim
    chrim Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    i agree with you mate it said delivery and warehousing would be avoided as it would go straight to there depo
Privacy Policy