whoop whoop PCR done

Comments

• Amy1234
    Amy1234 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    laurlou wrote: »
    o dear i dint do it per unit :s

Me neither..... hopefully wont loose too many amrks for that one :001_smile:
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    misterman wrote: »
    If you sell to the department store, they will have the warehousing costs, not you! So, do not include warehouse costs cos there aren't any!

Also Wolfe with an E - I got a loss too, and I think if anyone got a profit, they missed something.
    #

Hi Misterman,

I included it, it's a fixed cost and they still needed the warehouse for the other line, thats why i included it anyway. Anyone else??

I think they put it their to trip you up (I'm hoping lol)

Chris
  • koda
    koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    HAHA Me too, i so jope your right!!!!
    Oooh... it's coming back to me yes... I remember all the 1's :-)
  • laurlou
    laurlou Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    HAHA Me too, i so jope your right!!!!
    Chris023 wrote: »
    yep I think I got the 281 and the 111, I remember the revised being 111 something due to all the 1's

whats this for exactly....symons profits or the total profits???
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    #

Hi Misterman,

I included it, it's a fixed cost and they still needed the warehouse for the other line, thats why i included it anyway. Anyone else??

Chris

i also included it as a fixed cost, as the info was only the changes in regards to the symon. my thinking is that you still need the warehouse element for the kyle. it also said about no marketing costs, so again i only removed from the symon.

Tracy
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    yep...they may have one big warehouse for both lines and pay a yearly fee
  • koda
    koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    #

Hi Misterman,

Chris
    I agree... they still need the warehouse for the other line.
  • beerblue
    beerblue Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    JFJ wrote: »
    Glad its not just me then...!

Off to revise for PTC tomorrow yipppppeeeee

Good luck to all those doing PTC tomorrow.
    #

Hi Misterman,

Chris

I inclided it too for the other line. Kylies or summat. what were they called? its buggin me.
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    thank you mister man . im still worried tho
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Karli
  • laurlou
    #

Hi Misterman,

Chris

Yes misterman I agree with Chris.
    Using your example if you sell to a department store you dont give them your warehouse as well therefore you stil have to pay for the Karli line
  • cs_1988
    Lol, Symon and Karla wasnt it?? I dunno!

Yeah i mentioned in the report that fixed costs with the warehouse wouldnt come down, but if they were going to do it permanantly they could think about getting a smnalled warehouse!
  • beerblue
    kjg-kj wrote: »
    Karli

that's it.

Cheers :001_smile:
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    ok wait.... for section 2 did they as for contribution per unit and the full contribution cos i never did contribution per unit ......... wtf ... ?
  • wolfe
    misterman i got a loss in the bugeted p nl of 356,456 somrthing like that anyway
  • beerblue
    ok wait.... for section 2 did they as for contribution per unit and the full contribution cos i never did contribution per unit ......... wtf ... ?

per unit..
    i'm sure.
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    No i section 2 - I did not do it as a marginal cost statement.... I was so paniced by my mistake in section 1, I did not start section 2 til 12pm and nearly left in tears. Had a pee break, then chipped away at it. Guess as my lay out is wrong I have had it unles I did the other bits right. Decision out my hands now!!
  • laurlou
    #

hi misterman,

i included it, it's a fixed cost and they still needed the warehouse for the other line, thats why i included it anyway. Anyone else??

I think they put it their to trip you up (i'm hoping lol)

chris
    lol, symon and karla wasnt it?? I dunno!

Yeah i mentioned in the report that fixed costs with the warehouse wouldnt come down, but if they were going to do it permanantly they could think about getting a smnalled warehouse!

me too!!!
  • cs_1988
    They asked for both, don't worry if you didnt put per unit, it would only be worth a couple of marks to divided the total by production numbers anyway mate!!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    as said before on numerous previous topics, i think everyone should remain positive as sometimes if you have one answer wrong, but you carry on the workings - you will get marks for the workings, not the answers.

chin up all, i am sure we have all done well. i think it is because this is one of the last exams for us at this stage we are starting to actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

Tracy
  • Hayley
    Hayley Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Answers i got were.... (Not saying their right!!)
    20%
    15%
    £12
    £9
    £5
    £4.50
    £7
    £6
    £0.2
    £0.2
    £0.08
    £0.06
    £0.15
    £0.15

281 040 - Original Plan Profit
    1111250 - Revised Plan
    579200 - Flexed Budget Budget

I doubt many people will have the same answwers, there were so many places to make a small mistake!!

These look identical to what I got!
  • Kinga1989
    Kinga1989 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    i got the profit figure being reduced if they dont distribute symons themselve by 36% but now i think its porobably wrong. i kept warehouse cost the same as they needed them for the other range.
    what did everyone write in report for section 1? the second part of what they need to be aware of if they go back to distributing both ranges themselves or something like that?
  • misterman
    misterman Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    taskey wrote: »
    i think i did, not 100% sure

i did

turnover

variable
    semi variable

total of variables

contribution total
    contribution per unit

fixed costs

operating profit
    kjg and Taskey

'fraid not. you should do:

turnover
    less variable costs
    =contribution

The semi variables must be split, so you get some of it above contirbution and some below
    Marginal costing treats fixed costs as a period cost, so they must be below contribution
  • wolfe
    cs 1988 ur answers are same as mine
  • gingervicki
    gingervicki Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    wolfe wrote: »
    misterman i got a loss in the bugeted p nl of 356,456 somrthing like that anyway

I had a loss too!!!!
  • wolfe
    thanks taskey u was cheered me up a lil
  • laurlou

i did full contribution. it said flex the budget on the actual turnover in units but dont think it said show cont in units or am i contradicting myself here lol
  • wolfe
    gingervicki us who got loss are in minority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrim
    chrim Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    taskey wrote: »
    as said before on numerous previous topics, i think everyone should remain positive as sometimes if you have one answer wrong, but you carry on the workings - you will get marks for the workings, not the answers.

chin up all, i am sure we have all done well. i think it is because this is one of the last exams for us at this stage we are starting to actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

Tracy

good shout out hun i agree good luck all and if first you dont succeed try try again :):thumbup:
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    misterman wrote: »
    kjg and Taskey

'fraid not. you should do:

turnover
    less variable costs
    =contribution

The semi variables must be split, so you get some of it above contirbution and some below
    Marginal costing treats fixed costs as a period cost, so they must be below contribution

Yeah I did:
    turnover
    less variable
    less the variable part of semi variable
    Contibution
    less fixed part of semi variable
    less fixed costs
    Profit
Privacy Policy