whoop whoop PCR done

Comments

• koda
    koda Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Don't think I did all that well in the theory part of section1 - hope it's not worth too much! I was so worried about not having enough time to complete section 2 as the 1st section took forever that I just sort of rushed through it! Think as a whole it was a really long paper... I did all of the past papers in a much shorter time :-(
  • wolfe
    wolfe Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    anyway no use worrying about the calculations or the content of the report. wats done is done. think positive
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor ⭐
    for contribution per unit i got around 0.22 and 0.20, haha, must have divided the wrong way round or something, but it's a small thing to worry about, i'm pretty sure the rest of the flexed budget was right. I even got a bit confused for a moment with the averages, had to think for a moment, as it was different to any other 1.1 from other exams i saw
  • Kinga1989
    Kinga1989 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    koda wrote: »
    Don't think I did all that well in the theory part of section1 - hope it's not worth too much! I was so worried about not having enough time to complete section 2 as the 1st section took forever that I just sort of rushed through it! Think as a whole it was a really long paper... I did all of the past papers in a much shorter time :-(

did same as you... jut rushed through this theory in part1 to write something but didnt really come up with any good reasons despite of warehouse costs raising and sales for symon kept falling. dont think dats enough tho... ;/
  • lynn6575
    lynn6575 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I too got a loss in Section 1...let's hope we did something right!
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi huys my flex budget was 228,00 F ?? fro sec 2
    task 1.2 was like over 200K and 1.3 was over MIL

Lool forgot to do contribution bit awww dear silly MEEEEE
  • JoBo
    JoBo Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    I didnt put in warehouse cost because,

The cost of a warehouse is not just the rent of the building, there are warehouse staff, stacker truck things, and lots of other costs involved in having a warehouse. If it is just one huge warehouse then only part of it will still be run and many of the costs cut, so i aportioned the costs according to the values of production in the first part.

I figure as it was so unclear that which ever way is wrong cant loose you to many marks. I did mean to write a note about what i had done but fogot. Doh!

I also got a loss for the first part, but got profit for the revised bit. Quite sure i did this bit wrong though.
  • Tarynmahon
    Tarynmahon Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Oh crap!

I thought the exam was brilliant and felt really confident until I came on here;

Task 1.2 Net Profit £538581.75
    Task 1.3 £50418.25 increase

Task 2.2 Contribution £979200
    Net Profit £579200
    Contribution per unit Budget 0.72
    Contribution per unit Actual 0.90

the question about the chain selling the Symons, I only revised the Symon operating statement, missed out Karlis completely, did it ask us to work it out for the whole company or just Symons?
    Also, the email about what problems may occur after summer 2010, any ideas? I would have assumed that because sole distribution rights are renegotiated after this time, you wouldnt get any problems?
  • hue
    hue Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    I have got a loss too and for the revised statement, i got a profit and could anyone tell me what did you get for section 2 in detail if possible see if it ring the bell for me or not thanks:mad2:
  • JoBo
    JoBo Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Tarynmahon wrote: »
    Also, the email about what problems may occur after summer 2010, any ideas? I would have assumed that because sole distribution rights are renegotiated after this time, you wouldnt get any problems?

I put about the life cycle of the product, but then ran out of time (saved both written till end) so didnt put in much of what i wanted to say. :crying:

There seems to be a huge amount of different answers for this exam.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear.....:blushing:

I got a huge loss in the first section, and different figures to you guys in the 2nd section.

I did show all my workings but they will have to pay someone triple pay to work through my whole paper!!!!

Looks like a definite resit for me...... :thumbdown:
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    JoBo wrote: »
    I put about the life cycle of the product, but then ran out of time (saved both written till end) so didnt put in much of what i wanted to say. :crying:

There seems to be a huge amount of different answers for this exam.
    I guess the questions in this paper were as ambiguous as in past papers. Hence the amount of different answers
  • Kati
    Kati Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    cs_1988 wrote: »
    Answers i got were.... (Not saying their right!!)
    20%
    15%
    £12
    £9
    £5
    £4.50
    £7
    £6
    £0.2
    £0.2
    £0.08
    £0.06
    £0.15
    £0.15

281 040 - Original Plan Profit
    1111250 - Revised Plan
    579200 - Flexed Budget Budget

I doubt many people will have the same answwers, there were so many places to make a small mistake!!

Strangely enough i got exactly the same answers!!!! So fingers crossed...
  • laurlou
    laurlou Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Kati wrote: »
    Strangely enough i got exactly the same answers!!!! So fingers crossed...

the operating statements and revised its that the total profit fot Symon or the actual total profit for the company ???
  • Kati
    Kati Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    laurlou wrote: »
    the operating statements and revised its that the total profit fot Symon or the actual total profit for the company ???

£241,040 and £1,111,250 are profits for the whole company.
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Kati wrote: »
    £241,040 and £1,111,250 are profits for the whole company.

Hi Kati,

Few of us have those answers, so fingers crossed there nearly right, we cant have all completely screwed up - or could we lol?

Fingers crossed, good luck to all!

Chris
  • liz72
    liz72 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Kati

I got similar figures too.
    Think the question wasn't clear enough - didn't know if they wanted the operating profit just for the Symons or total revised operating profit.
  • wolfe
    hi guys. worried abt pcr ... just a lil. but im sooooo glad my exams r OVERRRR!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: now i can just chill do wat eva i want. and most of all go back to reading terry pratchett's books full time!!!!!!!! oh ya . sounds good.:001_smile:
  • Ash1711
    Ash1711 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    what would happen if you got the first profit right (281040) but calculated a loss for the symons... because i didnt include purchases and other variable costs... only turnover and the ones it mentioned would change :tongue_smilie: then wrote about a loss in the report? do you think that would pass the exam??

thanks.
  • ly.mason
    ly.mason Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    do these figures ring any bells for section 2.1

Thanks
  • Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    kjg-kj wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a lower figure for the contribution per unit, I got 0.36 and 0.41

Oopss didn't work out contribution per unit, overall feel confident although acnnot remember any figures, enjoyed it.:001_tt2:
  • Flipflop
    The Master wrote: »
    i got 15% and 20% for the first two answers

me too
  • Flipflop
    kjg-kj wrote: »
    Did everyone else include the variable part of the semi variable costs in the variable cost bit before the contribution?

I did
  • Flipflop
    Answers i got were.... (Not saying their right!!)
    20%

From what I can remember mine are pretty much the same:001_smile:
  • Flipflop
    #

Hi Misterman,

I included it, it's a fixed cost and they still needed the warehouse for the other line, thats why i included it anyway. Anyone else??

I think they put it their to trip you up (I'm hoping lol)

Chris

I agree!
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i got the same!!
  • cs_1988
    So flipflop,

did you have a late one revising in the end?

I did three this week, and found PCR easy so revised a lot more for the other two, came to last night, looked at a past exam and thout o sh**, i cant remember anything lol!

But went ok!
  • wolfe
    cs 1988
    OMG the very same thing happened to me. i was so confident abt my pcr skills dat i focused on pev too much. n yesterday i solving papers and it was like i knew nothing
  • Flipflop
    So flipflop,

did you have a late one revising in the end?

I did three this week, and found PCR easy so revised a lot more for the other two, came to last night, looked at a past exam and thout o sh**, i cant remember anything lol!

But went ok!

Same, was panicking last night as done revision for PEV and DFS and not much for PCR, so little time, left husband with kids this morning and sat in car outside college doing last minute scanning. Was pleasantly surprised, was quite complicated but took one step at a time and think did ok, my brain even allowed me to do the theory parts, was on a roll. Fingers crossed, can't wait for results. :lol:
  • cs_1988
    Well guys, it's been fun. Off out for a BBQ and a few drinks now.

Fingers crossed this will be my last time on the AAT forums after an exam, as only the Unit 10 left to do now!

I feel a tear coming on.....
Privacy Policy