Father's Day

Buff
Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I'm a daddy of 2 beautiful children, this morning my 3 year old son was coaxed downstair by mummy to collect my token gift and pass it to me.... he shouted down the stairs and asked if it was my present he was getting lol :-) Kids... always rely on them to ruin a suprise.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE OTHER DADS

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    At least you got something!

My 2 are 22 & 19, you'd have thought by now they could organise their own card to their Dad. :crying:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    mine was so cool .got a 3 year old and she give my pressies then i dumper her on my sis and mum.....rest day for me !!!!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Possibly *NO.1* weirdest fathers day present!! A bonfire bin.

My dad loves doing bonfires every weekend - old cardboard, any old papers, bank statements etc.

So we both chipped in and bought him one...

ยฃ27 from BnQ...

And then took him out for a meal tonight

Anyone get/give anything as strange ?
  • steveJ
    That's me and my sister who chipped in by the way.LOL
  • mark130273
    talk about steriotyping , my little one come in from school with a present made by her and the school........they wrapped up a pair of wire cutters ? surely if it was mothers day and they got a ironing board cover they would see their a*se ?
  • steveJ
    Wire cutters !! Cheap skates...they could have at least got you a black n decker workmate ! Even junior schools must be hit by the recession
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'd have thought being a scouser Mark, those wire cutters would come in handy. Think of all those bike locks and chain link fences you can now cut through.

Next year you might get something even more useful like a crowbar...
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    My eldest & his dad have had a tiff, so he just left a big box of Celebrations on his bedside table. OH then sent a text to youngest son saying 'thanks for the present, if it wasn't for you I'd have got nothing at all.' I'm gonna bang their flippin' heads together soon.
  • blobbyh
    I had a row with my eldest son who came round for the weekend and sent him back home to his mum just after ten yesterday morning. Still had the youngest two though so the day wasn't completely ruined.

Kids eh? You spend all your youth thinking your parents know nothing about anything then once you become one, you realise they were mostly right after all!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Has he apologised yet, or is he at that age where you get the silent treatment?
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    My son has not seen his father in over 10 years.....every year fathers day comes around he says to me "saved myself some money there mum"!!! lol
    Surely i should get mothers and fathers..... :glare:
  • blobbyh
    Has he apologised yet, or is he at that age where you get the silent treatment?

Probably should be me who apologises really seeing as I'm the angriest, shoutiest person in the world once I get going... we'll make it up.

Makes me sad (and sometimes quite p*ssed off) that single fathers rarely get a look in though. We have the Iceland 'Mums are heroes' adverts fronted by Kerry Katona of all people, GMTV always do a best mum in the known universe during the run up to Mothers Day, kids make Mothers Day cards at school. What do Dads get? Sod all mostly...
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    What do Dads get?

The Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    mikes wrote: ยป
    The Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone:001_smile:

Can you belive my sis-in-law went and fell asleep :lol:
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The sweet sound of engines roaring and the smell of petrol, does have a lullaby effect.:lol:
  • mark130273
    you cannot fall asleep there.......maybe the lamans 24 hour yeh...but not at silverstone !
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Can you belive my sis-in-law went and fell asleep :lol:

Are you going to continue banging your head on the desk all summer:lol::lol:

I have to get the paracetamol out every time I see it:lol::lol:

How about that nice big hunny monster..or large blue fluffy hugg(good job you know what I am talking about):lol::lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Is that a bit better? :lol:
  • Diannew
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Is that a bit better? :lol:

Much!!!! Thank you :lol::lol: (better than all those boys toys they are discussing.......transformers!!)
  • mark130273
    hey it was a girl who started on transforers ?thank you very much.ps dianne are you in college on thursday ?
  • Diannew
    hey it was a girl who started on transforers ?thank you very much.ps dianne are you in college on thursday ?

True.....my appologies..........as for Thursday! No sorry.........all finished
  • mark130273
    you little cheater......skivver.....being off on a thursday........so your not doing anything now till august ?
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    S'a bit late, but I got a Toblerone and a t-shirt to eat and wear in front of the telly, and Mrs MnG got me a box of Black Magic and a card to take to my Dad, once some damn Kraut won.:mad2::laugh:
Privacy Policy