Level 4 - how long do you have to study?

Miu
Miu Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Hello,
I have just sat for NVQ3 exams and would like to progress into NVQ4... but I have a dilemma. All my colleagues at college are going to study this level for 2years but I am not very keen to spend so long time only on 1 level. So I would love to do it within 1 year.

I heard that the Level 4 is very hard, there is 2 skills tests, 4 exams plus project.

How long (or often) did you have to study to done all of them?

What books do you use? What is the project about?
My tutor said that I can start to do the project in summer so I will have more time to prepare myself for exam but I do not have any idea what is the project about...

Thanks

Comments

• Pamela
    Pamela Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Hi
    I studied through Kaplan. I did the advanced certificate in 6 months (started Sept 07 with ECR & FRA followed by the skills test units). Then had an enforced break (funding problems). Took MAC & PTC in December 08. Did the project in January / February and have just sat BTC & DFS. My tutor advised me to do 2 exams then the other 2. He suggested PTC as it is an easier introduction to tax if you have no experience. Also to do MAC first so that if you fail, a re-sit is easier when trying to do BTC & DFS.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    really you should be able to do this in one year......most places only have a one year course anyway ?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    im studying level 4 with kaplan and it takes 1 year. Ive just sat PEV, PCR, OCMC and MSP. I will be sitting DFS and IAP in Dec.
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    it's not worth taking two years to do that's for sure. I can only recommend getting your project in bulk done before November. Then you can study for your exams in November and start of December. Hopefully the project would have been checked over by this time and you can finish it over christmas. I did personal tax and finance in december, but i could not imagine doing my project, costing, budgeting and business tax all after christmas. Good luck!!
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You have to take DFS, PEV, PCR and the Unit 10 project, then two from BTC PTC Auditing and Cash Management, although you can do more than the 2. i'm just waiting for my exam results for PEV having completed the course at my local college in a school year. The trick is to be very organised.
  • joantuba
    joantuba Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Our local college takes 2 years over it too and there have been times when I have kicked my heels - 18 months max would have been better.
Privacy Policy