VAT in advance

amos71
amos71 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
I work for a company which has a foriegn parent company who can see into our bank account and as a manufacturing company is always demanding money. We have a rather large VAT bill due at the end of the current quater and would like to pay some of it early. Does any one know how we can go about this?

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You can set up a DD with HMRC heres the link

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/vat.htm

Should have everything you need on there
  • amos71
    In Advance

The problem is not paying the bill but ensuring we have the money to do so. What I would like to do is pay part of the VAT bill before it is due.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I would send in a letter saying that you wish to pay on account towards the x date liability and see what they say.

I'm sure it is possible, is there no way you can hide it somewhere else, it seems a shame to let the Revenue get any interest on your money rather than you.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    or even ring the vat office on the frount of your VAT100 and ask there advice explane you wish to pay in advance and see what they can come up with for you.
  • amos71
    I will speak to my boss and suggest that we right to the revenue and say that payment X is for VAT bill Y and see what they say. The only problem with that is the office you have to right to does not take phone calls so we can't contact them to check we get it right!
Privacy Policy