Question for sandy re pcr june 09

angela27
angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Sandy im confused about a couple of points on this paper and ive got your answers, in question 1.1b we are asked to calculate the commission based on the catalogue price garments sold (£132,400 - £45,000 divide by the total catalogue garments sold 2,185,000 which equals 4p, i actually got this correct) however when we are preparing the budget in 1.2 your answers has calculated the 4p on the total sales (including clearance sales) in the exam ive done it on catalogue sales only as the text says commission is paid for every garment sold at catalogue price. I know i cant do anything now as the exam is over but i wanted to double check before i give feedback of the exam. The other question was re the following:

The total number of Symon garments sold at catalogue price in Spring 2010 is expected to be 10%
lower than Spring 2009 but the number sold in the Karli range is expected to increase by 10%.

I took this to mean 10% lower and higher respectively than the CATALOGUE PRICE garments and not the total garments sold and therefore my first section i got a loss. Thanks a mill, please comment guys

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Angela
    I think both your points are correct
    I have modified my answer to take into account the points raised on another thread and I think they are the same as those you've pointed out.
    If I have still not fully corrected it, please let me know and I will.

Thanks Angela

For many years I used to ask for 5-6 proof readers to help me spot errors before I made my answers available generally. As time went by, it became difficult to find people who would genuinely check my answers, and in 2007 and 2008 I had a couple of helpers but a lot of broken promises. I think the use of the threads and observations from yourself and other serious students have been very useful.
    I will also produce an answer based on a different interpretation of the delivery cost, and that is based on a point identified by another forum poster.
    I think in future I'll use threads or even a specific exam answer thread to try and spot any errors, so I really appreciate your observations.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • hue
    hue Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Angela27. I have got a loss for my first section too although i can't remember exactly but your argument seems to be similar to mine. :thumbup1::confused1:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hey, me too!!!!!!
Privacy Policy