harry

jkc
jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
going to get some stick for this but I any one else waiting to see Harry P July 15th at the cinema.
Β«1

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Oh Yes!!!!!

Not gonna be as good as the book, but it would be rude not to watch it!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    jkc wrote: Β»
    going to get some stick for this...

And quite rightly so...
  • jkc
    awww I dont care :lol: I dont have any youngsters to pretend to take along either.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    awww I dont care I dont have any youngsters to pretend to take along either.

yeah, kids ruin Harry Potter movies anyway. I remember seeing the last one and there was a boy of about 10 behind us constantly asking his (I assume) dad to explain who everyone was and what was going on. If you have to ask, you don't deserve to know!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    yeah, kids ruin Harry Potter movies anyway. I remember seeing the last one and there was a boy of about 10 behind us constantly asking his (I assume) dad to explain who everyone was and what was going on. If you have to ask, you don't deserve to know!

Am sorry but am with blobby on this thats its just too sad for words thinking a grown up having a go at a ten year old for being noisey at a kids film :lol::lol::lol:
  • blobbyh
    Ooh I dunno Vic, I can be quite shouty at movies if people are spoiling it for me. A few years ago, there was just me, my girlfriend and about thirty Japanese students who kept chatting/translating through Grudge 2. After suffering it for a while, I stood up, went up to them and shouted several four letter words. Quiet as mice for the rest of it...

And I also threatened to snap a teenagers toes off if she kept putting them alongside my headrest during Mission Impossible 3...
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    going to get some stick for this but I any one else waiting to see Harry P July 15th at the cinema.

oooooh yeah baby!!!! cant wait, had a HP film session yesterday in preparation for it...got all my dates wrong and thought it was next weds...was ever so dissappointed whe i realised it was the week after...
    With you regarding the kids though....thats why im goin early afternoon when they are all still at school!!
    i always ask to be seated away from children in restaurants too....should def be seen and not heard!!!

:001_tongue:
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    a grown up having a go at a ten year old for being noisey at a kids film

In my defense, this was the film before last and I was fifteen when the book was published (which was when I read it) but yeah, I suppose I ought to be thinking of myself as too old for these soon.

And I really don't like being interrupted when I'm watching a film. By anyone.
    With you regarding the kids though....thats why im goin early afternoon when they are all still at school!!

This was 9pm on a school night- I assumed there wouldn't be kids. They didn't spoil it that much, but it was quite irritating.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    nope nope and double nope..........seen a couple and they never floated my boat !
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Guess what I'm going to see on Thursday morning :thumbup:

I bet my waters break or something part-way through just to ruin it for me :crying:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    And you'll resent them for it their whole life and they'll grow up all bitter and twisted because of that and then probably end up as a serial killer. Or you'll wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it then :tongue_smilie:
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Ooh I dunno Vic, I can be quite shouty at movies if people are spoiling it for me. A few years ago, there was just me, my girlfriend and about thirty Japanese students who kept chatting/translating through Grudge 2. After suffering it for a while, I stood up, went up to them and shouted several four letter words. Quiet as mice for the rest of it...

Random four-letter words, or Anglo-Saxon ones?
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I'm waiting for the latest Terry Pratchett mini-series. From what I can gather, the next one's going to be Going Postal. I want them to do the City Watch books.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ

When i saw this i sat for about 5 - 10 mins thinking, "who/what the hell is Harry P"

I feel so stupid lol :blushing:

Read all the books up to the last 4 i think.. never seen any of the films!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    it is on in english tonight at bielefeld - cannot wait. it is unusual for us to get in in english on the day of release

woop woop

just got to try and sneak my 9 year old in - what do we reckon????

Tracy
  • mark130273
    oh my word......cant believe how many people ar going on about seeing this film !!!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    oh my word......cant believe how many people ar going on about seeing this film !!!

You've already booked tickets haven't you :001_tt2:
  • blobbyh
    Let's face it, if there had been no Lord of the Rings we'd have no Harry Potter; LOTR for the children.

Voldemort is no Sauron

A dementor is no NazgΓ»l

Dobby is no Gollum

Ron is no Sam

Harry is no... nope, he's probably better than little lightweight Frodo, I'll give you that but that's about it.
  • mark130273
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    You've already booked tickets haven't you :001_tt2:

shhh...dont tell eeveryone.............im trying to keep it a secret that i dress up as harry at weekends and try and put spells on the girls in the pub.....hasnt worked upto now thou ?:001_wub::confused1:
  • blobbyh
    i try and put spells on the girls in the pub.....hasnt worked upto now thou

Don't be too harsh on yourself, Mark. You talk to them, they disappear. Hey presto.
  • mark130273
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    Don't be too harsh on yourself, Mark. You talk to them, they disappear. Hey presto.

or is it becasue i ask them to look at my "hogwarts":confused1:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    or is it becasue i ask them to look at my "hogwarts":confused1:

Yuk........a wartbot:lol:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    just got to try and sneak my 9 year old in - what do we reckon????

Tracy[/QUOTE]

What age do they have it as over there??? here it is a 12a. Just got back from watching it....brilliant, blokey wasnt so impressed as i dragged him along!!! lol

:001_tongue:
  • jkc
    brilliant.

well worth the wait, bugged about the bits missed in the book, but brilliant.
  • mark130273
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    Yuk........a wartbot:lol:

hope not !?
  • Gem7321
    Oh my god I can't believe this, we were getting ready to go see HP and found out my purse has been nicked :crying:
  • A-Vic
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    Oh my god I can't believe this, we were getting ready to go see HP and found out my purse has been nicked :crying:

Dam was there much in it?
  • Gem7321
    Nearly Β£200 cos all my birthday money was in there and mothercare gift cards :crying: this is not even 2 weeks after my car window was smashed.

And I've missed Harry Potter :crying:
  • A-Vic
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    Nearly Β£200 cos all my birthday money was in there and mothercare gift cards :crying: this is not even 2 weeks after my car window was smashed.

And I've missed Harry Potter :crying:

Aww so sorry

Have you called the police ? and are you insured in someway? my insurance covers stolen money ect you might be able to put in a claim
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    oh no a-vic what a nightmare. hope you get it sorted

in germany it is a PG 12 so we can get my 9 year old in

Tracy
Privacy Policy