Sage-which one?

Options
tripod333
tripod333 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

A potential client, start-up business has addressed the fact that they haven't understood how accounts work and their Sage Instant v14 entries are all messed up now.

Which program do I need to buy to fix their problem? they will send me the back-up file via email for me to fix.

Would like to spend the absolute minimum for now. Could I just buy Instant Accounts from Amazon for Β£72 and fix the problems then wipe the data off and re-use Sage for another client in the future for bookkeeping?

I would alternatively like to have a version to use for future clients for both bookkeeping and accounting entries, but don't want to spend a small fortune if possible, as none of my other clients use sage at the moment.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You can import sage transactions into Microsoft express accounting (it's free from microsoft website). I've never tried it but apparently you can do it! You could use this to fix the problem like you said then set them up properly on sage for future.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    can't you go to the client's and sort it out?
  • tripod333
    Options
    can't you go to the client's and sort it out?

Working remotely. Client far, far away.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I think the problem you will have is that any version you get is likely to be above v14 and so if you sort it out it won't go back to their version so they will have to upgrade as well as you!
  • tripod333
    Options
    Gem7321 wrote: Β»
    You can import sage transactions into Microsoft express accounting (it's free from microsoft website). I've never tried it but apparently you can do it! You could use this to fix the problem like you said then set them up properly on sage for future.

Good idea, but have just gone onto Microsoft and found the following:
    Accounting 2008 suggests a Sage driver and data path from where Sage is installed. Accounting 2008 cannot convert data on a computer where Sage is not installed. Select the driver and data path and click Next.

Doh
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Ah, that's a bit rubbish
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Another suggestion..

If you want to work remotely then get your client to set up a LogMeIn.com account and remotely access their computer to sort out the problem from the comfort of your own home.
  • tripod333
    Options
    Thanks Dean,

that looks pretty neat. And reasonable prices too:thumbup1:

cheers
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    As said, whatever version you go for will have to be the same or higher than your clients, but once you upgrade to a higher version of sage you cannot go back.

Remote accessing seems the best way here.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    As said, whatever version you go for will have to be the same or higher than your clients, but once you upgrade to a higher version of sage you cannot go back.

Remote accessing seems the best way here.

???? we use sage instant account v15 and it opens as early as v12 or even sage line50?

Sorry - yes you cant go lower version from a higher
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    ???? we use sage instant account v15 and it opens as early as v12 or even sage line50?

Sorry - yes you cant go lower version from a higher

:001_tt2:

That the hangover again is it :lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: Β»
    :001_tt2:

That the hangover again is it :lol:

Hey stop ive found a lovely dark corner to hide :lol:
Privacy Policy