Deja Vu

messedup89
messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Does anyone suffer from deja vu and get hot, dizzy and are sometime physically sick? :confused1:

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    No, I've never felt dizzy or nauseous when experiencing deja vu.

Are you sure you mean "deja vu"? And not, say, "vertigo"?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sounds like vertigo to me too which so so sooooooooo many people mistakenly assume is a fear of heights - which is in fact acrophobia (just think of acrobat)...
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Is it me, or did someone else came up with this thread not long ago.:001_smile:
  • messedup89
    been to the doctors and they just said its a wierd case of deja vu. Sometimes i have it several times in one month. Othertimes i can got months or even a couple of years once and only get deja vu like other people (not the dizziness, hotness, sickness etc)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Vertigo - Middle ear inbalance some of the side effects being height deception, dizzyness, feeling sick ect
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    messedup89 wrote: »
    been to the doctors and they just said its a wierd case of deja vu. Sometimes i have it several times in one month. Othertimes i can got months or even a couple of years once and only get deja vu like other people (not the dizziness, hotness, sickness etc)

time to get a new doctor i think
  • messedup89
    lol aw but he been mine doctor since i was an ickle kid
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I didn't think deja vu was a medical condition that could be diagnosed :huh:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sounds like the sort of thing doctors say when they don't know or can't be bothered to find out what's really wrong with you.
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sounds like swineflu to me
  • messedup89
    lol shame it doesnt get me off work
  • LeeS2009
    would you want to be off work in weather like this?
  • messedup89
    sure would.
    Go bowling, cinema, trafford centre, or just chill indoors
  • LeeS2009
    and miss all this fun!!!??????? :lol::lol:
  • messedup89
    u referring to all the fun at work?
  • blobbyh
    Gem7321 wrote: »
    I didn't think deja vu was a medical condition that could be diagnosed :huh:

By a witch doctor maybe. Deja vu is surely a psychological phenomenon rather than a physical condition and without proof it even exists due to it's obvious nature, I don't see how it can possibly be diagnosed.

You're really having us on aren't you?
  • messedup89
    blobbyh wrote: »
    You're really having us on aren't you?

:ohmy: nope not one bit. 100% true. Loads of people get deja vu, just not with the sickness and dizziness :thumbdown:
  • blobbyh
    Plenty of people might well get it, including me, but deja vu is about as medically diagnosable as butterflies in your tummy when you're nervous.
  • messedup89
    doesnt make it not true. Just want to know if it makes anyone else physically sick and dizzy and if it does have they been told anything about it?
  • LeeS2009
    Or pins and needles :thumbup1:
  • messedup89
    lol pins and needles are like ur funny bone. Uncomfertable but funny :D
  • LeeS2009
    lol pins and needles are like ur funny bone. Uncomfertable but funny :D

I dont know about that, to me pins and needles is a wonderful feeling...you should try lying in one spot without moving for a few days...you end up not feeling your body....its numb and doesnt feel like its there, when you are finally able to move you will feel pins and needles all around your body and feel the blood rushing around your body too, its a great feeling!!!!:thumbup:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Déjà vu (pronounced /ˈdeɪʒɑː ˈvuː/ ( listen); French: [deʒa vy] ( listen), "already seen"; also called paramnesia, from Greek παρα "para," "near" + μνήμη "mnēmē," "memory") or promnesia, is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past), although the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book "L'Avenir des sciences psychiques" ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," or "weirdness." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience "genuinely happened" in the past.

The experience of déjà vu seems to be quite common among adults and children alike. References to the experience of déjà vu are also found in literature of the past,[1] indicating it is not a new phenomenon. It has been extremely difficult to evoke the déjà vu experience in laboratory settings, therefore making it a subject of few empirical studies. Recently, researchers have found ways to recreate this sensation using hypnosis.[2]

Not heard of anyone feeling dizzy (or with pins & needles ) when they ecxperiance deju vu.
    Have heard of quite a few people at the moment suffering from vertigo ie dizziness, sickness etc. My hubbie was recently diagnosed with it and it went on for quite some time - he swears he's had swine 'flu!
  • messedup89
    someone at my workplace recently got told she suffered from vertigo. I dont think its that tho
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    "Deja vu...is not a new phenomenon."

Yes, many people report that they feel they've had it before.
  • LeeS2009
    Jan wrote: »
    Not heard of anyone feeling dizzy (or with pins & needles ) when they ecxperiance deju vu.
    Have heard of quite a few people at the moment suffering from vertigo ie dizziness, sickness etc. My hubbie was recently diagnosed with it and it went on for quite some time - he swears he's had swine 'flu!

De Ja Vu is a purley mental phenomenon, where as dizzyness is a physical reaction to a physical action (such as a sudden loss of blood pressure). They are not related, however mental phenomenons are far to complex for us to understand and can be powerful enough to cause a physical reaction in our bodies....so unless proven otherwise...its possible in every way we can understand it.
  • messedup89
    ?
  • blobbyh
    As was pointed out at the beginning of this thread by A-Vic and others, the OP has unquestionably been suffering from vertigo not deja vu and I'm surprised they're still insisting it's the latter and been impossibly confirmed by their doctor.
  • LeeS2009
    ?

when i say mental phenomenon, i mean it is non physical, just like a thought, or a memory, where as dizzyness is caused by various physical means - things happening to your body, such as variations in blood pressure - cerebral movement etc....
  • messedup89
    Im 20!
Privacy Policy