Pride / Proud

Options
kellyriddell
kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
How would you all describe the sense of pride?

My partner went on a course to do paint correction and is a very good detailler on cars, and has just been asked to do 2 jobs which are the first ones since his course. Is this a sense of pride on my part or is it sheer happiness? He is amazing at his job and am so happy that this has come up for him. But how can you diferengiate (dont think thats how it is spelt) between pride and happiness? :confused1:

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    How would you all describe the sense of pride?

My partner went on a course to do paint correction and is a very good detailler on cars, and has just been asked to do 2 jobs which are the first ones since his course. Is this a sense of pride on my part or is it sheer happiness? He is amazing at his job and am so happy that this has come up for him. But how can you diferengiate (dont think thats how it is spelt) between pride and happiness? :confused1:

maybe the fact u used the word 'happy' and not proud
  • kellyriddell
    Options
    Hmmm I am very happy for him but feel a sense of pride that he hasnt given up on it. Its a very weird lol!
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Its a very fine line but can be defined i think
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    u feel both for him, wish should give him a nice confidence boost :D
  • kellyriddell
    Options
    Yeah bless him....hes as pleased as punch just these 2 jobs will bring in £500 so hes over the moon with it - as he says as long as there are cars on the road there is work for him somewhere!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I would love to get into detailing lol..

Lots of cash in it.. Congrats to him.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    thats a good question i would say its seems like proud !!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Happiness can solely come from within (self contentment), whereas the feeling of pride could be seen as a form of happiness often heightened by external influences e.g. someone paying you a complement for a job well done.

You can feel short term pride in something while simultaneously experiencing long term unhappiness so time scale can also be a factor.
Privacy Policy