IAP help needed

Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I am really struggling with this unit and getting nowhere.

There must be an easy way to learn all the methods.

Help needed!

Comments

• Glynis
    Anyone?
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Glynis,

You will have to be more specific as to what you are not grasping. Have you spoken to your tutor for additional input?

I covered lots of the core basics in your other thread and some of the articles I put links to do go right back to the basics.

Steve
  • Glynis
    I just don't understand any of the theory or when certain things are done and how.
    I am desprate to get this passed as I want to do ACCA in december.

My college won't reply to my emails or phone calls. I am getting fed up with all this now. I should have been told this sim was required.
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor โญ
    Do you have the textbooks with the familiarisation sims in the back? (Can't remebmer who they are by)

I found they were quite useful and the one i did was quite similar to them so it might be worth seeing what the layout is like?
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    I should have been told this sim was required.

we got to choose at my college to sit any of the 4 options we wanted :thumbup: Choose both sims as i thought they wud be easier and i have no interest in tax
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I just don't understand any of the theory or when certain things are done and how.

My college won't reply to my emails or phone calls. I am getting fed up with all this now. I should have been told this sim was required.

All of your posts say how you have failed DFS so why bust a gut to get this sim done? You won't be able to take ACCA with DFS outstanding.

With the best will in the world you shouldn't have to be told that the sim is required, you should know!

When you take a new unit, you can't expect to get it all at once, you need time to digest the information and relate it once you have covered the whole unit.

Take your time as you will need the information later in the ACCA papers.
  • Steve Collings

I think your rush to get this unit completed as fast as possible is impeding on your learning. This is then increasing your stress levels which is completely counter-productive.

If the auditing simulation is causing you so much hassle, then you need to sit with your tutor. You might even want to consider doing one of the other units instead. There are a few mnemonics which you can use to remember the assertions which will be in the study material but these can only be applied when you understand what transactions, account balances and disclosures are covered by the assertions, which will only come when you understand the basics.

I think you should reassess your goals if you are so convinced you have failed DFS because as Bluewednesday has rightly pointed out, you will not be in a position to sit any ACCA Exams with DFS still left outstanding.

Regards

Steve
  • Glynis
    Heartsandstars

Where do I get those books you refer to?

My college have given me the most complicated study text I have ever seen.

Steve and bluewednesday
    I know the rules I just don't want to drag the AAT out.
    Steve have you seen the IAP study text. It is far too
    Technical for those who haven't done this before.

It is a way forward I need not more stress. My college have put enough stress on me!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve have you seen the IAP study text. It is far too
    Technical for those who haven't done this before.

I have not seen the IAP study text but I have come across an IAP simulation. As I have said in my previous thread, I think you need to sit with your tutor and go through the material. I also think you need to slow down and digest the information properly because I am sure it is this desperation to clear the simulation as quickly as possible that is hindering your ability to understand the material.
    It is a way forward I need not more stress. My college have put enough stress on me!

I have given you a way forward in my previous postings and with links to articles which will help you but we seem to be going round in circles. One of the articles I linked was written specifically for a student on here who was, herself, doing the Auditing simulation An Overview of Auditing. I have covered much of the basic technical content of audit as far as I can. As I have said to you on previous occasions, the forums are not the place for an "online tuition" session. They are simply not designed for that.

Rather than carry on getting stressed about this, why not start revising again in a couple of days and start from scratch with a more positive attitude. If you change your mindset (and slow down) you will be able to understand the subject more clearly.

Regards

Steve
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    The books may be by Osbourne and BPP. They can be found in the books for sale section here or in the usual bookshop websites or ebay, amazon etc.
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor โญ
    I used the Purple kaplan books. There are familiarisation sims in the back. pretty cheap on ebay I think.
Privacy Policy