ACCA help

Options
SLM
SLM Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

I know there are numerous threads on this, but I am looking for a bit of info with regards to ACCA. If we successfully complete the AAT what exemptions, if any, are we given from ACCA? Also, how long does it take to do? Is it like AAT, you can do 2 exams per sitting or is this really not viable?

Thanks in adavnce for any info :)

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    with AAT you are exempt form the 1st 3 papers of ACCA F1-F3. It should take 2.5/3 years ish to complete. i think you can do 3 possible 4 (dont trust me on that tho) exams per sitting. Tho it is advised to sit 2 at a time
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You can do as many or as little exams you want per sittings (i think)

Exemptions are:

http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/join/aat/exemptions
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You can sit up to 4 exams a sitting.
  • messedup89
    Options
    too much tho with a full time job
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    I agree, I never took more than 2 at a time, as did most people and I only took 1 when work was busy.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    How did you find moving onto ACCA after completing AAT? I'm waiting for my final results, but have made a start on F4 and F5 with BPP's distance learning.

F5 doesn't seem to be causing me any problems yet, but I can't say the same about F4! How long are your answers expected to be for these types of exam? The model answers seem to be pages long, yet when I try and answer one, I'm lucky to write more than a few sentences. I'm really not looking forward to the exam at all.
  • Bluewednesday
    Options
    I finished the fundamentals under the old syllabus so can't comment on F5 at all,

However with F4 answering the questions is quite different to any other exam. You have to write all about the point of law and then actually answer the question in couple of sentences at the end - usually what we are told not to do!!

Don't forget the answers in the book is for revision and is far more detailed than you would be expected to produce in the exam.

Do you get a mock exam to do? If so I strongly recommend you do it and get it marked as it's your best chance of seeing how you perform without the answers being available
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, there are 2 mock exams to do. The first one is completed halfway through the timetable and is based on what has been learnt to date, the second is at the end. I'm thinking I will attend a revision weekend nearer the exam to help with my exam technique as I think this is my weak area. I'm not struggling to learn, its just applying what I have learnt into an answer.
  • SLM
    SLM Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for all your info everyone, only just started Technician at the beginning of the year, I was just curious. May go on to do this after AAT, we will see :001_unsure:
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    SLM wrote: Β»
    Thanks for all your info everyone, only just started Technician at the beginning of the year, I was just curious. May go on to do this after AAT, we will see :001_unsure:

You have nothing to loose (apart from money!) Go for it!

Train to gain may be able to offer you funding
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for that info Alice, I didn't know about Train To Gain.
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    what is Train to gain and who is eligible for it? I've never heard of this before? :confused1:
  • messedup89
    Options
    im funded by my employer. When i did my lv3 it was government funded. But when i moved on to lv4 the government withdrew the funding for it. My college told me about train to gain. They pay towards some of your fees. I think they paid about 40% of my tuition fees
  • Holly P
    Holly P Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Re: ACCA Help

Hi ya,

I'm at same stage. However, if you want to sit ACCA exams in December 2009 you will need to get your application in to become an ACCA member before Friday (it needs to arrive with the ACCA before 15/08).

Even if you are waiting for your certificates etc you should still apply, just send you most recent AAT statement of achievement with a covering letter, your copies of GCSE & A Level (or equivalent) certs and your foundation and intermediate certs from the AAT with passport pic and cheque for Β£66. You have to do this now otherwise you can't sit until the next application window (which I think is January) for june exam sitting. :w00t:

I made this mistake last year!!! Started the course and hadn't sent off to join ACCA:001_rolleyes::blushing:

You need to send all the above to qualify your exemptions and you will be billed for them ie, Β£50 per exemption paper which is payable by Jan 2010 (Yea, I know - what a con!!):cursing:

Also, you can sit up to 4 but I would recommend 3 max if you're doing tuition. It's just cost me circa Β£2.5k to sign up for the total package of tuition, revision and question based day x 3 papers, but you can obviously also do home study.

Anyway, good luck and get on the ACCA website now to sign up - it takes around 20 mintues and write the contact number down for their call centre incase you have any problems on the way BEFORE you start the process :)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I finished the fundamentals under the old syllabus so can't comment on F5 at all,

Hi Bluewednesday

Sorry quick question as am not very savvy on ACCA what is fundermentals? i know my college offer this.

Thanks Vic:001_smile:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Hi Bluewednesday

Sorry quick question as am not very savvy on ACCA what is fundermentals? i know my college offer this.

and which college are you in then a-vic ?
  • messedup89
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Hi Bluewednesday

fundementals is the first level of ACCA. Its split into knowledge 3 papers and skills 6 papers, after fundementals you have 3 proffessionalpapers and then 2 options
  • A-Vic
    Options
    and which college are you in then a-vic ?

Oldham Business
  • A-Vic
    Options
    fundementals is the first level of ACCA. Its split into knowledge 3 papers and skills 6 papers, after fundementals you have 3 proffessionalpapers and then 2 options

:thumbup: thanks
  • mark130273
    Options
    dam thought it was going to be mmu....then i would be able to see you in septemebr as that were im going to ...hopefully...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    dam thought it was going to be mmu....then i would be able to see you in septemebr as that were im going to ...hopefully...

O god no am way off anything like that yet, still got dipolma to do yet, but now waying up options whether to move after completed AAT take a year out try find a job to fund it, or stay where i am but have to mostly fund it myself which means student loans if possible.
  • mark130273
    Options
    im currently hoping that im going to get through the ACCA becasue at least then i tihnk i might a advantage in the BIG job hunt !
  • A-Vic
    Options
    im currently hoping that im going to get through the ACCA becasue at least then i tihnk i might a advantage in the BIG job hunt !

See that my problem am in a pretty good job but its not located where i want and need to be.

You be fine i bet mark just carry on with your studies and it will pay off.

BTW what happening with s/e?
Privacy Policy